4. Responsible

We went to a bench in the park and flopped on it. We ate the sandwich and tried to sleep on the two opposite ends of the wooden structure although it was uncomfortable, but at least we had nothing to worry about, since we only saw few old couples walking in the park, not a police officer or any greedy person who would recognise him.

Cool breeze flew and I squeezed my cardigan against my figure but soon I heard the colliding sound of Jungkook's teeth. He was fast asleep hugging his body under the open sky. I looked at him and wondered maybe it wasn't a right decision to spend the night this way but currently he had nothing to do so this was the only was.

I removed my long cardigan and covered his body with it. After some fine minutes he stopped struggling and started snorting his sleep. I chuckled at his this this and stood up. I took his leg carefully and placed them along the length of the bench to give him a perfect posture to sleep. He needed some good rest to heal from his injury so it was worth of sacrificing my place on the bench and as for me, it was not the first me to complete the slumber on ground.

I sat on the ground leaning against the bench then taking the bag against the chest I closed my eyes to let the heaviness of exhaustion escape, engulfing me to slumber.

I woke up with the chirping of birds in the early morning, with cardigan wrapped around me. I wore it and looked at the clock in the park striking seven, jogging and exercise was being done in this not so abandoned area. I stood up and sat on the bench and knees close to my chest and buried my face under the wrapped arms because the rays were too strong for my puffy eyes to bear.

Someone ruffled my hair to which I looked up to meet his gleaming eyes and a bunny smile. He handed me a toothbrush, shocked I raised the eyebrows in confusion.

"I took it from the shop nearby."

" Did you had money to buy it? Or you shoplifted? "

"I didn't shoplifted. I just haven't paid him yet. If you want then maybe you could give me some money.."

"What! Like a robber on run is concerned about his teeth when he should be hiding from the police? And I haven't told you to buy it then why would I spend on this stupid thing? "

" Why! Can't I be concern about my hygiene, being on a run is another thing and I brought one for you too, be grateful, okay. It won't be called shoplifted if we would pay."

I looked at him like throwing dagger. This man is making me spend each penny bit by bit, making my wallet null. But when I looked at him applying the mint flavoured toothpaste on it, I lost control because I, myself craved for brushing.

"Fine, I'll pay."

I hand him the money which he took and went to do the payment handing me the tool to clean the dentition and freshen up. He came back and did the same after which we left the place to have our breakfast. We went to a small restaurant so that no one could recognise the so called lottery walking with me. We sat in a corner and ordered two bowls of wheat flour noodles because that was the only dish fitted in our budget.

I excused myself to washroom while he after paying the bill was busy reading the newspaper that the owner provided, since the restaurant was small the owner did the service while his wife cooked the meals.

Coming back with a light stomach I went closer to the table where that weird man was sitting cross armed, thinking intensely about something which I became curious to know.

I passed by him and sat opposite facing him. When I sank on the seat I lifted his eyes to me and smiled like nothing was to be worried of.

"Let's dig in, Ms Kim. You don't want to eat soggy noodles, do you? " He exclaimed teasing and held the chopsticks lifting a lump of those mouthwatering noodles into his mouth.