52. Slow dance

He was sitting across the table while the whole restaurant was vacant. She noticed how their table was beside the window while the hall was empty of any other goods. Lowkey dates with the lowkey Mafia date.

It would have felt spooky if the waiters and the beautiful lighting weren't making her comfortable. But at the same time it felt like both were being watched by those pairs of eyes which worked here.

Soyoung wiggled on the chair and moved a bit closer to the edge. She clasped her hands and intertwined her fingers on her lap. She was getting anxious looking around the place while Jungkook was busy ordering the food.

Her eyes scanned the place which ogled luxury. She never knew a place like this existed in Jeju. A restaurant at the cliff, decorated with lamps, candles and chandelier. It felt romantic when a low audible violinist was playing with the stings to produce a enchanting tune. You wanted to dance to it.

She really wanted to but asking Jungkook to be her partner? No way! She loved him but wasn't aware of what was going on in his mind. He ordered her to come with him but he doesn't loose up, he was as tensed up as he was before.

"Do you wab something else?" Jungkook brought her back to reality. She was dazed and blinked her eyes. " What did you said?"

He sighed and told her if she wanted to add another diah in the list but she shook her head to deny. Jungkook simply bobbed his head and the waiter went away after bowing at them.

She gulped when she saw him staring at her. Even his glimpse were enough to make her shiver, not because she was scared of his stare but she wondered how would he react later when she would purpose him. She lifted the glass and gulped the water because her throat went dry from anxiousness.

Jungkook noticed how awkward she was with everything. He never thought she would be that nervous. He wanted to make the rest of the day a bliss for them but his intentions were going in vain. Her faint tapping on the floor was audible to his ear and he finally gave up.

He stood up while she was startled watching him dragging the chair until he placed it beside her. He didn't said anything but sat beside her. Fuck those ethics of sitting across the table if his date wasn't comfortable. From his peripheral view he knew she was bewildered but before she asked anything he pulled out his phone and got engaged in it.

Soyoung only stared at his side profile. He was giving her a silent treatment while he was the one to ask her out. She thought he wanted to make things right but here, he was avoiding her like she was the one who asked her out. She didn't wanted to ruin their moment so she also kept silent and peeked outside the widow, not knowing that Jungkook was secretly admiring her presence.

After twenty minutes he waiter came back with their food and left them alone. They ate their food silently though they both wanted to initiate a chat. If this weird atmosphere would linger more then Soyoung might not be able to proceed her plans. She finally boosted herself with confidence and decided to say something, anything as long as he would reply.

" W-Weather is nice."

She mentally facepalmed because she shuttered in front of him, in her first words. Moreover, the topic she chose to speak wad lame. It couldn't be worse but thankful she got his attention.

He was waiting for this cue and when she took the first step he didn't hesitated to make a move.

"Yeah, never thought this day would come."

Was he talking that today's weather or about us being on a date? She didn't cared much instead was glad that he responded.

She ate the food while Jungkook was already done. He caught her glancing at the violinist while her feets were already responding to it. He got what she wanted and when she finished he stood up.