5. Dark tunnel

JUNGKOOK'S POV

I was hurt about the way she thought of me, was I that low to her. I felt bad for using her money but no choice was left. It wasn't that I was using her. Once I would have reached home, I would have repaid her.

I had no idea where I was going to or what was I doing. It felt like going away from her was more peaceful right now that I didn't knew I came far away from that place. Waddling through the footpaths now I was in a local market. I was super hungry as soon the darkness would took over the sky while the last time I ate was with her in the morning.

For once I thought of going back to her but the moment it crossed my mind I shook my head to stop going back on the words I spoke to her. This stomach of mine growled when the luring smell of pineapple candies entered my nostrils. I went near to the stall to witness those pineapple pieces coated with sugar coated syrus, they looking yum to have but I didn't even had a penny to spare.

I looked like a lost kid in the market while staring those mouthwatering confectionery but I knew the shopkeeper would not allow me to have those. Cleaning the fist I tried to control myself but the more I did the more attracted I got towards it so I decided to move on.

The more I went in the market the more densely populated it got. The narrow passage and the shouting of vendors were clear as the people were slowly crawling through the little spaces they got to escape for air. I too was struggling but the thing I did not noticed was that the people around me were staring at me like I was their prey, I wonder why.

I looked at one of the vendor who was intensely observing my every movement. He held his phone and dialled a number unknown to me but soon I saw him mouthing

Police.

I ran at all my might once I got conscious about why they were staring at me strangely. These people were ready to hand me to the law which I didn't wanted to happen for the sake of the kids I protect. Pushing the figures ahead I made my way out of the crowd despite of the injuries.

Running through the road I heard sirens coming my way. This couldn't be my end, I behind the bar was not the image I pictured for myself. The streetlights were on as the night took over while dew was falling at this hour.

I stopped a while since the way in front of me shown dead end, I had to do something but what, that's when I saw an old sewage tunnel. I ran towards it as it could be a perfect temporary hideout for me. It was dark with din lights with layer of water flowing on the floor. My each footstep was splashing the water on the floor while I was going deep inside.

Then a bang of bullet was heard was behind and so from the way I was headed to. I paused when I sensed of me being surrounded from every direction and there was no was to exit. I frowned thinking there's no other way but to fight back with bare hands. I rolled up the sleeves and clenched the fists, ready to fight. I hid myself at the turning point and as soon as a police officer came into view I punched him on his sensitive nose. He held his nose groaning while I successfully made him drop his gun. I held his head and twisted it with 180 angle that a crack was heard and he fell on the ground. This move always work to disturb someone's medulla oblongata to make him unconscious, which it did now too.

Placing his gun in the back pocket I tiptoed to the next target as his steps were getting louder. Leaning on the wall I waited for him to come forward and as he came I hit his neck with the gun and kicked him in the stomach. He coughed blood but I laid him down when I heard a whole bunch of shoe tapping towards me, they were more in number as I was alone. I had to hide before they could find me I rushed to the other side of the tunnel but the person I just laid down tried to hit me with his bullet. He must be not good at shooting because his target got missed and my life was saved but the sound was so loud that it echoed in the tunnel.

It did not took a second for officers to come my way. Stomping, splashing through the water I run into the maze like path while holding my gun. I pointed it in the front like a commando does in any if the action movies we came across but the bet here was real, it was about the real life. Turning to my right I shooted two of the men who were about to shoot me, now I just had four bullets left. I cursed when I heard them coming near, I did not had enough bullet to pierce in their body so I had to use them wisely.

I went to the other way where it sounded safe. I wanted to leave this place as soon as I wanted because the group from whom I was hiding had invaded this place and sooner or later it was getting more dangerous for me to stay here. I went on to the path leading to exit but the cops were there too. I shooted both of them and went towards the mouth of this place but before I could go away a bullet pierced in my calf and I fell down on my knees. The next I knew was I being dragged back inside that smelly tunnel, held by two strong men in uniform. I tried to free but it was completely useless.

The leader came in front with an amused face and laughed at my vulnerability. He lifted my chin with his gun and stared into my furious one.

"Oh boy, look at him! Still stubborn as a kid. I would definitely get a promotion after handing you to the headquarters. They would be so proud of me after handing them the maknae of BTS."

"In your dreams!" I spitted angrily.

"How dare you! Just wait till I get the chance to beat you up for everything you and your gang did."

He punched me till his heart content and kicked me in the stomach aggressively but I snickered on his immature behavior. It was easy to get on his nerves and maybe while doing so I could get an idea to get out of police's grasp.

" I would not hesitate to pull the trigger, boy! Don't make me wanna kill you, no one cares if you live or not since you are already a criminal in the eyes of law."

" You are wrong. My hyungs, children and my soon to be girlfriend cares for me and as for the law it was always blind."

I replied back but the thing slipped from my mouth were unbelievable even I never expected it. But maybe at your last moment only truth comes out of your mouth and it was true that I was sorry to her for tagging along her and pressuring her over every little thing I wanted but at the same time I was thankful to her for treating my wounds, to be honest I was attracted to her.

In the morning, the first thing I saw after waking up was her cute little face with parted pink lips which were too tempting to resist, unlike her aggressive tigress face. I realised I had a bad breath so even if I would want to kiss her this smelly sandwich breath would had cancel my plan. So I got us both a pair of toothbrushes to get rid of that obstacle.

I chuckled on my own thought on how I did it for her when I never did it for anyone else before, also for her who is so cold to me that I still haven't seen her smiling at me.

"What are you laughing for?"

"What? Can't I laugh in my last moments. Just do want you want before I change my mind."

" Shut up, like you are doing a favor on me. That's it, I am done with this kid's blabbering. In ten seconds I'll shoot you so remember anyone whom you had to before this bullet hit you. Ten."

I inhaled the last breath with weak capacity but full of strength. I focused my eyes on him while the gun point on right in middle of my head.
"Nine... Eight.... Seven.. "

I gulped the lump of saliva as I felt the cold metal touching my temple. That solid weapon which I got familiar with at an young age was on me. I still remember the day Yoongi and Namjoon hyung were teaching me how to hold it right, those memories.

"Six... Five"

How can I forget Seokjin and hoseok hyung who taught me to how to cook and behave right from the start that I was barely sixteen.

"Four... Three"

Jimin hyung had always been like my biological brother although he was a bit of a pervert but he and Taehyung hyung was took care of me when I ever had a fever.

"Two"

I just love them all. I was thankful for taking care of me but I would not be able to say goodbye to them, that's the regret I had. Finally, I closed my eyes.

"One"

*BANG*