50. Two distinct decisions

AUTHOR'S POV

Jungkook was leaning against the door of the balcony, staring at the vast night sky. Closing his eyes he recalled her desperate voice, enchanting those lyrics.

A lone tear slipped his eyes as he remembered her mesmerizing eyes looking desperately at him. Unintentionally, he was missing her presence but Seokjin's glare was enough to warn him that he wasn't allowed to wander around her.

He again closed his eyes and her beautiful smile came in his view. His mind was elsewhere, so was his heart wrapped around her. Lifting his hand he palmed his chest and felt his heartbeat which was beating but just when he thought of her, his heart started beating more abruptly.

His back slipped down the door and made his butt touch the floor. He held his head and groaned in sorrow. He wanted to shout, yell and do everything to escape his despise feeling of hating her but the ugly truth was...

He still loved her.
Somewhere in his heart she still had a soft corner. She still ruled over his thoughts. Even if he lied to the world, even if he lied to himself but his heart and eyes always made its way towards her. She was his home, no matter how much he hated her.

The wind blew the white curtains under the moonlight while with swollen eyes Jungkook looked outside and whispered to himself.

"I have yet to come across a single man, woman and child who can't help but fall completely, passionately, insanely, desperately and especially hopelessly in love with you. That's why I am scared you'll get someone better than me and would leave me for him."

He sighed and recalled the moment he got jealous of her and Yugyeom creating cheerful memories near the pool. He felt uninvited, unwanted at the same time. Like a third person he was watching them. That's how the urge to make them feel his presence increased and led him to dominate her.

But as soon as he passionately kissed her, floating in the pool he realised his feelings. He felt that immense amount of longing which was feeling his void with pleasure of eternity.

He stood up though sulked on the decision he took right now. He decided to let her go. He chuckled and wiped another drop of tear before closing the door. He pulled the curtains and stepped back towards the bed which was always occupied by the little soul who was cuddled with the sheets.

Jungkook marched closer and laid beside him. He caressed his hair and pulled the duvet more to his body. Shifting on his back he stared a ye ceiling. He was stern about the decision of letting her free from the contract because the more he would held her close the more she would suffer but also, he would suffer with her.

His motive was to punish her but just when he did those awful things to her, it pained him. He suffered watching her enduring his actions. Her delicate features contorted in pain, the look of dread that filled her eyes, kinda hurted him.

So, to kill his hurt, his pain he wanted to end this. He wanted to go away, away from her existence where noone, not even his team mates could find him.

Hence, he decided to disappear and break her hope and attachment with his hopeless self. He loved her so he would leave her.

He gradually shut his eyes and drifted off to slumber, engulfing every inch of his sadness.

The next day Taehyung and Namjoon were waiting outside Soyoung's room. Last night she called them to rescue her. Thankfully Namjoon handled everything and cooled down Seokjin.