18. Give a Chance

SOYOUNG'S POV

I bit my lips to not let ceases form on my forehead although failed to do so. I looked at Jungkook whose gaze was observing everyone's reaction and when his eyes landed on me I tried so hard to shrug off but all I felt was disappointment. But why I felt that way when I had nothing to do with him? Did I developed feelings for him? I shook my head in disbelief, avoiding to acknowledge it.

"Soya, where are you staying?" Seokjin oppa asked and I directed my gaze towards him. " On the third floor." He frowned knitting his eyebrows before he said," Why there? You are supposed to stay at second? Go and shift to second floor."

"She can't!! I mean they are dusty and not well arranged, right noona?" Jimin winked at Jieun to play along and she did." Y-Yeah, it has to be c-cleaned first. I don't think she could until tomorrow."

I was in disbelief on how smoothly she lied. It was a lie because if the guests were not cleaned then how did she had suggested me to occupy one of those. But why was she taking Jimin's side?

"It's okay. Since I'll stay here for few days then there's no need to get disturbed because of me. I could manage and the view up there is fine as well." I smiled in the most convincing way that finally affected my brother and he let me off the hook.

"Then let's go everyone back to work. We have a case to deal with," said Taehyung before dragging Jimin out with him while the mochi cheeks had his eyes on Jungkook who was still on his place. I also went back to room to sleep while Seokjin and Jieun went out for shopping. Yoongi was already out to sleep in his room while Jhope had gone nearby casino.

At night I helped Jieun to cook the dinner and served it. I was eating but sometimes I took hidden glances on Jungkook who seemed lost. My gaze landed on him and how he seemed so relaxed, smiling around Jieun.

Suddenly I saw his lips and got reminded of how they worked over my skin. Though he was smooth and passionate but I still couldn't believe myself that I let him to did so. I must've lost my mind that time. It was my unconscious mind that took over me, and I regret. Realising it I hated myself because I knew that an unconscious mind leads to what we wanted to happen in real life.

After hearing about his past I became insecure because past never leaves someone's present. To be honest I really hated the fact that he had a crush on someone else before me. I hated to be a option and if he thought I was an easy one then I would hate him to the core.

We all finished the food and left but I remained back to help in cleaning up because I wanted to help. I and Jieun collected the dishes then placed them in sink. She was about to clean them when I stopped her." Let me do this. At least that would decrease your task." She denied and said," It's okay. You don't have to pressure yourself." I smiled and dragged her out of the kitchen.

"It's not a big deal. I usually do my own chores so I don't find it hard. I want to help, please." She nods and remove the apron before going to bed while I did what I asked to do.

After the completion I stretched cracking some bones then walked towards the stairs. As I was getting closer to the second floor faint noises erupted. I frowned because it was late at night. Although Yoongi, Hoseok, Seokjin and Jieun were already asleep and Taehyung was in his room playing video games I heard voices coming from Jimin's room.

The more closer I went the more clearer the sentences I heard. Suddenly I heard my name being dragged into it hence I decided to eavesdrop them through the partition of the door.

"I intentionally gave Soyoung that room and threatened her emotionally to not leave the room on third floor because I wanted you to make a move before someone else does. It wasn't usual either that you fall for someone." Jimin fumed in anger while whispering to someone who was standing in dark shade. "But now she could go to second floor, those rooms are extra spacious. Why would she even want to be around me?" He sighed and walked closer towards me. I instantly try to hide but Jimin hold him back.

"Stop neglecting your feelings Jungkook. I might be a jerk but I know what love is. Why can't you make a move? For a friendship to turn into relationship needs one of the two to take a step forward then why don't you do that."

My heart skipped a beat when I discovered it was Jungkook. They were talking about me and more importantly about Jungkook on how to make me fall for him. This topic got me curious as I wanted to hear their dumb plan because everyone has curiosity to know the secret behind the magic before the show. I leaned in and focused to listen them talk.

"Haven't you heard Seokjin hyung? He would break us if we ever tried to get close to her. I don't want to create a misunderstanding between our brotherhood just because of me desire and either way she would eventually leave then how could I approach her?"

"Wake up, Jeon! If it was another girl then Seokjin would've been the first guy for you to take tips from and just because she is his sister wouldn't change your feelings for her. Do you really like her or it's just the heat of the moment?"

"Jimin!! I do like her but I am just scared, you know. She had never shown a single interest towards me except towards Taehyung hyung. I always get this mixed feeling from her, don't know if I should make a move or not."

I blinked several times before I peeked at him. He was standing their with low hung head. He looked pathetic and it really hit me to think about my actions. Was I that cold to him? It was true that I never intended to disclose my feelings but that didn't meant I didn't felt anything, maybe I should make it obvious because gradually he too was wavering my heart.

If I didn't consider him as a friend then I would had never chased after him and free him off from the police. Now he was lost in his own world of insecurity when I was unsure to give him a chance or not. Though oppa announced for them to stay away but since it's my life and I was the owner of it so I decided to give him a chance. A chance to prove if he was sincere of his words or not because somewhere in my heart I knew he was making me feel things that I had never experienced before. He was the second person in my life who actually cared for me after Seokjin.

'He wants a chance, fine! Then let me give you one Jungkook, to change my feelings for you.' I mumbled and went to my room before drifting to sleep.

Next day after waking up early in the morning I got freshened up before going downstairs. I knocked on the door and the door slightly parted for Seokjin oppa. He was barely awake with his closed eyes while I could see Jieun sleeping peacefully.

"Why are you so early?" He rubbed his eyes and yawned while I beamed with a smile." I want a laptop or anything to email my professor. She would scold me, it's been weeks since I went to attend class."

Finally he was sober. "If you want then I could threat her. She won't mind giving you another holiday month."

"It's not about her but me. I want to resume my study. My friends would had been worried about me."

He sighed and brought me his laptop from inside which I took and dashed to living hall to send the email. I told her about my incoming after three days. I clicked on sent and stretched my arms, screaming 'finally' until I flinched from the voice coming behind me.

"What the heck! You are going back?"