𝟚 | little bunny

And so a new day started for Hyejin, with the sun warming up the cold atmosphere of her room

And so a new day started for Hyejin, with the sun warming up the cold atmosphere of her room. It reached every corner of her room, and as the warm light touched her skin, she finally stopped shaking in fear. The night time has always been a nightmare for her - literally and metaphorically. However, if she could be positive about the situation, she would always say that the sun will rise and will smile down upon her. She believes that the warm blanket will envelop her again.

The careful creaking of the door jolts her body up and wakes her mind up to give full attention towards the light piece of wood.

"Hyejin? Are you awake?"

The girl sighs out in relief at the sight of her younger brother fidgeting his index fingers together, feeling sorry that he might have disturbed his sister.

"Hajoon..." her eyes glimmered and she coos at the sight of her precious little brother; the only person that cares for her and the only person that she cares for, "Come here. Are you ok?"

Hajoon cautiously scans the space outside her room before running into his sister's freezing but affectionate arms, "Hyejin...we're going to be late..."

"Oh I'm sorry. I'll get ready right now. Has mum and dad left yet?" she cups his face and gave a light kiss on her brother's creased forehead.

The little nod that he gave her was enough to release the breath that she was holding, "I'll go get ready right now. Wait outside alright?"

"Yah! Na Jaemin! Wake up! You're ten minutes late!"

The said boy lets out a series of grunts and huffs in response to his mother's wake up call. Even after hearing every single word that should've made him panic, he still had the audacity to find a comfortable position to drift back to sleep.

That is until a series of mischievous footsteps barges in his room and rolled him off the bed, "Ok mum, I'm sorry!" he broke out into a fit of laughter as the woman continued to tickle his soft spots.

"How dare you go back to sleep, young man?" she gave some mercy to her only child before sighing out loud, "I wonder how you became the class president. You're lazy, uncompetitive and weird. Oh, your classmates must be crazy." she playfully smacks her lips and shook her head at the thought, "Must be the superior genes then."

"Hey! Who's side are you on?" the now fully awakened boy frowned at the backhanded compliment, "Your son is the best son out there. I can bet on it!"

"Yeah yeah sure. Now hurry up before I leave you." She caresses her child's bed hair and pinches his cold nose, "Good morning you little bunny."

He beams at his mum's affection and love for him, "Morning mum."

"