𝟙𝟞 | four pieces of paper

The sudden question that was heard from afar made Hyejin sit back down on her chair as she bitterly looked down on herself

The sudden question that was heard from afar made Hyejin sit back down on her chair as she bitterly looked down on herself. What were you even expecting Hyejin? There's no way that Jaemin would even agree in the first place.

"Jaemin. Would you go to the river cruise with me?"

Aerin's chestnut eyes look up in anticipation at Jaemin's own mocha brown ones, her long and lush eyelashes gracefully fluttering at every blink. The daze momentarily causes Jaemin to stutter and stumble at his words. His eyes roams around the room and his eyes once again landed on Hyejin but this time, she kept her eyes on her bag as she rummaged through it with nervousness. Nervousness? Yes, nervousness. Hyejin knew that Jaemin was looking at her but she didn't spare a glance at the boy who was desperate to meet her chocolate coloured eyes.

"Jaemin." Aerin cups his face and brings it down to get a better look at his delicate features, "What do you say?"

"I uh." Aerin was close, dangerously close and the proximity made Jaemin uncomfortable as he lightly pushed her away, "I can't. I'm sorry."

"How about I let you think about it?" Aerin intertwines her hands with Jaemin's, "I'll be waiting."

Hyejin finishes writing up her resume for a part time job in a nearby cafe. Coincidentally, it is also Hajoon's favorite cafe and the cafe that the siblings along with Jaemin went to that one time.

"I can explain." Jaemin holds a hand on his shin that he bantered earlier with the side of a desk while he was rushing over to Hyejin.

Hyejin crinkles her eyebrow in confusion, "Explain what?"

Jaemin drew a breath before making up yet another lame excuse, "Y-You know? If you have any questions about the river cruise night?" he lets out an awkward smile.

"No, it's fine. I don't think I'll be going anyways." she shrugs and neatly folds her resume and cover letter into an envelope.

"Wait what? Why? It's a senior thing." Jaemin knew one thing; he wants Hyejin to go to the river cruise and he wants her to go with him, "Jaein and Jeno will be there. I'll be there?" His last statement came out as a question as he expects her to change her mind.

"I need to get a job soon and study more. My grades are dropping."

"You're second in the whole year grade."

"I may not be if this continues on." her fake smile made Jaemin back off as he nodded and silently retreats back to his seat.

" her fake smile made Jaemin back off as he nodded and silently retreats back to his seat