𝟛 | center of attention

"Have a good day ok? I'll pick you up here as usual after school

"Have a good day ok? I'll pick you up here as usual after school." the older sibling crouches down to meet her brother's beaming eyes.

"You have fun at school too, Hyejin! I love you!!" He tightly puts his arms around her sister's neck. Anyone who was passing by sent worried glances to the girl seeing how the little boy embraced his sister.

But even though Hyejin could barely breathe in the moment, she wished that time could stop and that she could feel his embrace on her forever as Hajoon is the only one that is willing to hug her ever since that day.

Jaemin tried to keep it lowkey as he drags his tired feet to the locker area despite the numerous glances being stuck on him. After all, Na Jaemin is always the center of attention. Ever since he transferred to the school two years ago, he has become the pride of the school; being the basketball ace and leader, being a part of the student council, receiving numerous awards and having extraordinary genetics, he has always been the ace for as long as anyone could remember and now at their last year of compulsory schooling, being the student council president just made girls and boys drop down dead in awe at his presence.

"Oh. I was beginning to think that you ditched the first day of school." the girl smirks at the sight of the messed up boy, "At least look alive will you?"

"Na Jaein, I swear if you don't stop." Jaemin groans as he slams his forehead on his locker, attempting to at least feel alive.

"Don't talk to my girlfriend like that." Jaemin rolls his eyes at the sight of his best friend as he grimaces at the sound of the couple shamelessly having a short lip session beside him.

"God I feel single." Jaemin mumbles under his breath, "Jeno. Are you coming to practice this afternoon?"

Jeno hums out a 'yes' as an answer to his question, his eyes still lovingly lingering at the face of his lover. Jaemin smiles at the sight of his cousin and best friend's happiness.

"Should I set you up with a friend of mine?" Jaein pulls out her phone, commencing to open her gallery to show pictures of girls to her lonely cousins.

"God no. I don't trust you to set me up with anything, Jaein."

Jaein dramatically clasps her chest, "Ouch. That's not the way to treat your only female friend and cousin."

"It's okay babe. He's just jealous that he can't find a girl like you." Jeno smoochs her cheeks as they had their second lip session.

"Yeah nah I'm out. See you guys at break time."

Making his way to his classroom at the other side of the school, Jaemin had a lot of thoughts running through his mind. Last year of school...what was he going to do with his life? It was more daunting at the fact that Jaein and Jeno knew what they were going to do after high school. He ruffles his hair in frustration before making his presence known in the classroom.

"Jaemin." the person took a seat in front of him.

Kim Aerin. The school's most popular girl. All the boys would die to go out with her, not only that but Aerin has the brain, body and bravery to stand up to any prejudice that goes on in the school. Aerin is the only other girl that Jaemin could talk to without feeling uncomfortable and Aerin felt the same way towards him as well.

Of course, the whole year grade knows about this and they were both expected to date each other. Kim Aerin wants this too.

Jaemin smiles up at the beckoning of his name, "Hi Aerin. What's up?"

She shook her head innocently, "Nothing. You just look like a mess today. Are you alright?" Aerin reaches out to tidy Jaemin's soft strands, making sure that he looks presentable, "You're still hot though."

Jaemin noticed these subtle flirting actions that Aerin has recently started but ignored them when it first initiated. However as time passed, Jaemin knew that Aerin most probably had a reason. That reason, Jaemin could not eventually give back to her, "No it's fine. Just had a rough night."

Aerin pouts at the response and continues to initiate a conversation with the boy, fully turning her body around to properly meet the boy's eyes. However, his attention was no longer at his seat neighbour but at the presence that walked in the classroom.

"Park Hyejin." he mumbled.

Aerin notices the change of tone and looks at the timid girl, "You know her?"

Jaemin shook his head, "No but..."

"But?" Aerin raises her eyebrows up, waiting for him to continue.

I want to get to know her better.