𝟚𝟡 | don't joke

Hyejin didn't know how to react

Hyejin didn't know how to react. Her silence only made Jaemin's heart ache even more. The girl right here is in front of him yet he knows nothing about her. All he knows well about her is that she has a loving and protective brother who she treats the same way as well.

"Jaemin...don't joke around please." Hyejin manages to say within her cries. Don't make me any more pitiful than I am right now.

"Does it look like I'm joking around right now?" Jaemin's hot breaths only made Hyejin's tears stream down. Na Jaemin just admitted to her that he wasn't joking around.

How she wants that to be true. How she wants to be in his arms forever. How she wants to be free and love him freely without any worries.

Overthinking is tiring. The world is judgemental. Anxiety is the worst. Love is painful.

Hyejin pushes Jaemin away once more, the warmth that he gave her was no more.

Save yourself, her mind said to which her heart responded with keep your happiness.

"You deserve someone who can make you feel safe, loved and understood. Someone who is willing to take risks with you, to make you happy, to make you feel that life is worth it. I can't do that for you, Jaemin. You deserve so much more."

Even if Hyejin said that in the most confident and resolute tone, her exhausted face and frail body completely said something different.

"You make me feel that way! You make me feel safe, love and understood. You make me feel like life is worth it." Jaemin cups Hyejin's face, looking into her broken soul, "Please don't do this to me. I'll be better to you."

"You're doing so well, Jaem. You're a beautiful person. I don't deserve you Jaemin. I never deserved you or Jaein or Jeno."

"What makes you say that?"

"You're a kind, considerate, intelligent and humble person. The most of them I've ever met." At this point, there was no going back. If she want going to be talking with Jaemin ever again, she might as well just say everything in her mind.

"Then you deserve me, Park Hyejin." Jaemin's considerate tone rings through her heart, making her heart beat uncontrollably but comfortably, "You deserve the world, Hyejin. You deserve all the good things in life. You deserve to be happy. I promise that you deserve all that."

Sweet nothings or genuine words, Hyejin would not be having any of it. Their happiness is more important than hers. "Having you guys by my side has been a blessing. Something that I will never forget or replace. You'll find someone better and worthwhile, Jaemin."

Hyejin leans and savours his touch just a little bit more, before mouthing a final 'thank you' and 'goodbye'.

Too weak and broken to even breathe properly, Jaemin kneels down on the floor once the door closes.

How are you all doing today? 😊