𝟚𝟛 | a chance

"Alright! Let's get on with presentations

"Alright! Let's get on with presentations." Ms Lee states as she picked out the order randomly through a 'spin the wheel' website, "That's the order on the board. If you go over ten minutes, we would have to stop you since it'll most likely mean that you're just rambling on."

The joint class nods their heads, sorting out their palm cards and clicking through their visual aid presentations to make sure that everything is perfect. The groups went up one by one to present their work, each of the other groups listening attentively showing great respect for their fellow classmates. Even with two classes combined, it only took them a lesson to finish everyone's presentations but the weight off their shoulders would last for longer.

"And that's a wrap! It was nice to work with all the students in your class Mr John." Ms Lee smiles at the male teacher, the whole class cheering for the twos romance.

As soon as lunchtime starts, Jaemin and Jeno dashes straight to practice basketball since their next game will be in two days time. Jaemin is riled up, knowing that Hyejin will be there, the evident bright smile on his face shows his excitement towards the day.

"Jae." Along with the rest of the basketball team, Aerin runs over to the said boy, clinging onto his arm, "How have you been?"

"Good, I guess. You?" Jaemin asks back even though he is squirming with her touch.

"I'm doing fine. You know what would make it better though?" Aerin daringly wraps her arms around Jaemin's neck, taking him aback, "If you say that you will go to the river cruise with me."

"U-Uh." Jaemin was too focused on the fact that her body is so close to his that it made him panic. He tries to get Aerin off, catching a glimpse of a weakly smiling Hyejin, "Aerin, I'm sorry. I'm thinking of going with someone else."

Aerin pouts in disappointment, pulling the deliberate cutesy act as she hopes that Jaemin would change his mind, "Please? I'll be a good partner to you."

"Aerin--"

"Get off him, Aerin." Jaein forcefully unwraps her arms around his neck, "Stop asking him already. Plus, he has to practice now. He has no time for your act."

Jaemin whips his head around to where he last saw Hyejin. He darts his eyes among the gym, finding her helping Jeno who is setting up for the team. Running over and taking her hand, he stares deeply into her eyes, "Hyejin..."

"Jaemin..." Hyejin stares into the pair of eyes who is looking at her with such intensity that it makes her knees go weak, "Jaemin you should help the team set up."

"Hyejin, can we place another bet?"

"Another bet? On what and for what?"

"The winner gets to ask anything from the loser."

"I guess so?"

"We'll be playing a practice game right now. If my team wins, you grant me a favour."