𝟛𝟙 | the cycle

And so the cycle continues: Hyejin glancing at Jaemin, Jaemin glancing at Hyejin, the two occasionally lock their eyes to each other, turn away and walk away

And so the cycle continues: Hyejin glancing at Jaemin, Jaemin glancing at Hyejin, the two occasionally lock their eyes to each other, turn away and walk away. It is a very eventful cycle. Especially after talking with Jeno that night, Hyejin has been especially careful to not let her feelings show. But the more she denies it, the stronger it becomes.

The first semester holiday is just around the corner which means that it is time for the dreaded exam period.

"Na Jaemin absent again?" Mr John frowns at his unusual absence from the start of the week, "Alright. Let's get to work."

It is very unusual. Jaemin has always been punctual to school, the only time that he hasn't gone to school or was late for school was because he had an appointment or the traffic slowed him down. His lack of presence relaxed and worried Hyejin at the same time; relaxed since her heart wouldn't do flips whenever he is around but worried because Jaemin must have a big reason to not turn up to school.

When the class ends and everyone rushes out for lunchtime, Hyejin is once again left alone in the isolated classroom. She gazes out at the light rain that sprinkled down the window pane, her eyes tracing on a raindrop that easily slips down the squeaky clean windows.

"Hyejin." Unknown to her, Mr John was still in the classroom, not wanting to break the peace in her eyes, "Sorry for disturbing you. Is it possible for you to drop these off at Jaemin's house later today? He missed quite a lot of handouts and student council paperwork. Tell him that he doesn't have to finish them all, just prioritise the exam handouts first."

"Why me?" Hyejin straightforwardly asks him. Mr John is just naturally one of those teachers where students would be able to comfortably rant their day to and Mr John would listen and joke around with them. He has a good relationship with his students and he is also great at his job, earning him a great popularity among the students in the school.

"You and Jaemin are close. Well ever since the group project, I would say." Hyejin frowns at his simple excuse. She wanted badly to refuse but the kind smile on his face made it extremely hard for her to do so. Hyejin nods and takes the bulk of paper in his hands, "How are you going by the way? Home alright?"

To lie or not to lie, that is the question.

"It could be better, sir."