Chapter 10: At the Kaedehara Residence (Part 1)

Ryota's POV.

After taking a bath, I quickly wear my work uniform and went ahead and opened the café.

The mornings are usually quiet and it allows me to relax and prepare myself. Until the first customer arrived and took his seat.

Mom, Dad and Saya also came here and ready for work. Until one by one, people started coming in our café and so, our work begins.

Ryota: What would you like to order, miss?

Customer: I'd like the strawberry parfait and some churros. 

Ryota: Anything else?

Customer: Nothing.

Ryota: Alright.

I called out my dad who is in the counter.

Ryota: Dad, one order of strawberry parfait and some churros.

Tatsuya: Say whaaaaaaat? That's some unique order.

Ryota: Dad, it's all in a day's work. We always receive peculiar orders. Shouldn't you be used to it by now.

Tatsuya: Yeah, I know. But, ordering somehow mismatched pairs, that would be bad y'know.

Tatsuya: Like how you always ship the protagonist and a girl that doesn't have any interest in him.

Ryota: Ugh, now my dad is an otaku.

Tatsuya: And you're probably thinking that I'm an otaku, then you're dead right.

Ryota: He's even proud to be one!?

Tatsuya: Well, I was also a teenager like you. So I know it very well.

Ryota: Dad, your at your 40s.

Tatsuya: Age doesn't matter. Listen here, Ryota.

Tatsuya: As long as you live your life, by doing the things you like, by exploring new things, by gaining new experiences, that is what makes life so colorful.

Tatsuya: Though there may be tribulations, after all, a rainbow does have some dark colors.

Ryota: That is some wise saying dad.

Tatsuya: Well, you're speaking with a guy who is literally speaking from experience.

Ryota: Yeah. Given how you can say such things.

Tatsuya: Also, Ryota. Didn't "she" told you to be happy?

Ryota: .........!

Ryota: Dad........

Tatsuya: I'm sure, that she wanted your happiness, right?

He tapped my shoulders as he finished making the strawberry parfait and the churros.

Tatsuya: I guess it's really time for you to find someone. After all, if you're still going to be hung up on Yuki's death, you won't be able to move on.