Chapter 78: The Beginning of their Battles

Ryota's POV. Class 3-A.

I've always been aware of what kind of person Mikado is.

Academic prestige, athletics, wealth, talents......

No matter how you look at it, he's a man who is overwhelmingly accomplished.

However, behind all of that, him being exposed in the spotlight.....

He always hides it with a carefree personality.

After all, he showed that facade to me alone.

In fact, it wasn't just me who noticed that facade. My ex girlfriend, Yuki, also knew that Mikado is only making a facade.

That is why, during middle school, when I was being bullied, when Yuki and I started dating........

She's always been on a constant lookout for me. Not even allowing anyone to approach me.

Particularly Mikado.

Yuki has always been hostile towards Mikado. I didn't know why....

Not until she told me the truth about her father.

Her father was also a former employee under the Shijo Group, just like Saya's parents.

Yuki was the one who told me about the hidden side of things in the financial sector of this country, particularly the two biggest financial companies of Japan: the Shinomiyas and the Shijos.

The Shijo Family is like the Branch Family of the Shinomiya Family, who were exiled because of clashing ideals.

Now.....what's in it for the Kaedehara Family?

What's in it for us who already decided to abandon the aristocracy and live as ordinary citizens?

It is actually to let the Shinomiyas and the Shijos to know.......that they should be aware of their actions.

One wrong step and they'll get it.

The very reason why the Kaedehara Family continued to watch these two families. In any case that they abuse their power.......

The Kaedehara Family will take them down.

How?

Gathering many classified info against the two families, solid evidence, records on their financial status, series of corruption.....

Our family possesses the means to take these two families down. As Shinomiya Un'yo once said.

"They can make the Shinomiyas fall into their knees."

Not only the Shinomiyas, but the Shijos as well.

To be honest, I never knew if my meeting with Mikado back then was set up or just from pure dumb luck. But my parents never knew that Mikado would also be in the same school as I am.