Chapter 73: Ryota Kaedehara wants to protect

Ryota's POV. Kyoto.

Ryota: Where it all began?

Kaguya: Somewhere from our past? I see.......that place........

Kaguya: ...........

Kaguya: Hang on, where is the place she's talking about!?

Nao: I don't have the faintest idea either!? Ah, Ryo-chan, perhaps you—

Ryota: I'm sorry, but she haven't even mentioned her past to me. That's the reason why I'm here actually.

Kaguya: Wait, Kaedehara-kun, I know you're Hayasaka's boyfriend—

Nao: I am Hayasaka.

Kaguya: Sorry, I mean, Ai-san.You're her boyfriend, right?

Ryota: You already have your answer to that question.

Kaguya: Eh?

Nao: Actually, Ryo-chan. There is a hidden secret about, what seems to be your involvement here.

Ryota: Pardon?

Nao: The Hayasaka Family knew that the Kaedehara Family is still keeping an eye to the Shinomiya Family.

Kaguya: What!?

Nao: And the Hayasaka Family secretly formed an alliance with the Kaedeharas even back from the Showa Era, just before the Kaedehara Family completely revoked their noble status.

Kaguya: What? You mean, the Kaedehara Family is the last shred of aristocracy in Japan?

Nao: Am I right, Ryo-chan?

Ryota: Yes. Our family is the last aristocratic clan of Japan.

Ryota: Since the era of the samurai is slowly declining during the early years of the Taisho Era, our family slowly prepared to revoke their noble status.

Ryota: The last one who held the noble title of the Head of the Kaedehara Clan, is my ancestor, Kaedehara Akito.

Ryota: And when he died, the noble title was now abandoned. Dismissed the servants, sold our estate, and lived in secret.

Ryota: But then, my grandfather was visited by none other than Nao-san and gramps told me about all of it.

Ryota: The current conflict within the Shinomiya Family.

Nao: Now, my daughter who they think holds a lot of classified info, the other sons of Gan'an-sama will try to get that info out of my daughter.

Ryota: *sigh*

Ryota: Good thing my family retired from all that nobility stuff.

Nao: C'mon, you two.

We hopped in to her luxurious car.

Ryota: Man, rich people somehow still have it easy.

We went inside and we began our search to "the place where it all began."