Chapter 19: The Student Council wants it to be said

Ryota's POV.

Fujiwara-san is scribbling on a certain date on the calendar of May.

Chika: Um, the welcome party is next Monday.

Chika: Other than making decorations, we need to go shopping for souvenir sweets.

Kaguya: We probably need two people for that.

Ryota: If you're talking about sweets, I know someone who can make them.

Miyuki: Oh?

Ryota: My mom.

Chika: Really?

Ryota: Yep. My mom studied under some of the greatest pastry chefs around the world.

Kaguya: Wow. That's amazing. But......

Kaguya: We don't want to bother your mother.

Miyuki: I agree with Shinomiya. We can't afford to bother Koharu-san to this matter.

Chika: But isn't it convenient to ask Koharu-san for this? I'm sure she'll be delighted to do it.

Miyuki: But still, it's kinda embarrassing to ask this to your mother.

Ryota: Well, I guess the decision is still up to you guys.

Kaguya: Well, besides from shopping.......

Kaguya: We'll need a few other things, too. Not to mention, that should be enough for all the participants, so that's a lot of stuff.

Miyuki: Which means giving up our day off to go shopping.

Miyuki: What a pain. Who'd wanna do that—

Then I glared at him.

Ryota: Giving up your day off, huh?

Ryota: How nice that you guys have your day offs.

Miyuki: K-Kaedehara, why are you looking at me with killing intent?

Ryota: Well, it's a total insult for me when you said that line earlier. For your information........

Ryota: During the weekdays, I work after school, then on weekends I work for almost 12 hours straight.

Ryota: Not to mention, dealing with every kind of customers, even annoying ones.

Ryota: So.............

Ryota: If you plan on making me run those errands, sorry. I'm totally busy.

Kaguya: Well, looks like Kaedehara-kun is always busy in their café.

Kaguya: Have you ever decided on hiring new staff.

Ryota: We already have but there are still no response. No one has submitted their resume.

Ryota: Well, they are probably busy.

Chika: Aw.