chapter twenty-eight

The car quickly pulled up by the front of the club and I threw the door open and slammed it shut behind me.

''Taylor, what happened?'' Ashton asked me in a soft voice as I looked at him with red-puffed eyes before I buried my face in my hands. I just sniffled as I felt his big hand lightly embracing my cheek and he took a sharp breath.

''I'm getting you out of here.'' he said rapidly with a strong voice and leaned back, changed the gear and took off. I didn't care where we were going, I just wanted away. Away from that asshole called Luke Hemmings. I thought he had a heart somewhere under that hard surface after all, but ofcourse I had been wrong this whole time. We drove for a minute or two in silence before Ashton sighed deep.

''Taylor you need to tell me why you're so upset.'' he said in a torn voice. I sniffled a little.

''I can't..'' I mumbled and looked down at my hands. I heard Ashton taking in a breath to speak but he stopped and looked in the rearview-mirrior.

''What is it?'' I asked and sniffled again. Ashton started to look a bit worried as his eyes darted between the road and the mirror in a quick movement.

''There's a black car pulling up very quickly behind us.'' he said in a low tone.

I felt my blood starting to freeze as I turned around in the seat and looked on the road behind us. Luke's car was speeding up closely behind us. Ashton's BMW had no chance against Luke's car. It was a matter of minutes before he would have pulled us over.

''Taylor tell me what's going on!'' Ashton said stressed and turned to look behind him, a very stupid thing to do.

.....

Luke's POV

I drove the best that I could on the road, closing in to Ashton's car.

How could I be so stupid! I didn't even know why I talked up the first girl that was in my presence after seeing Taylor kissing that Irwin bastard. I was such an idiot!

I needed to get to her but I didn't make it in time until I saw her jumping inside the BMW.

I shifted the gear, closing in on the empty road, until I saw the dark car in front of me, taking in too much speed at the curve. I had no time to react as the car in front of me slid across the road, taking a hit on the fence, rolling over and continuing to spin.

As in a reflex I pulled the wheel to make a police-turn but there was no time for me either with the speed I was coming in on. I steadied myself the last second before my car slammed against the iron fence, twirling up in the sky. I remember screaming before I slammed down on the side on the hard ground, everything turning pitch-black.

I woke up, my hearing muffled by a ringing sound as I took in my surrounding. I was lying on the ground in my car, well not on the ground but on the window. It had turned dark outside but I could still see the road with the lights. I tried to shift in my uncomfortable position as the pain shot through me. I glanced down at my leg and saw it had been pierced by a big piece of glass. I goraned and reached to pull it out but on second thoughts, it could've cut off some artery.

Suddenly I looked up to see Michael stopping his car above on the road with a screech. Even if I was hurt, my lips curved into a small smile. I did the best I could to get out of the car on my own, but not a minute later I felt someone's arms helping me out as I groaned in pain.

''Luke! Are you okay?'' Michael shouted at me, his eyes wandering quickly over my body.

''I'm fine, I think.'' I mumbled and tried to sit up. I twisted my head and looked over to the other car, which was mangled. I pulled for my breath as Michael turned his head to where my eyes were pinned.