chapter two

The night followed as me and Ashton were hanging out, dancing, and I got introduced to lots of new peoples. I still didn't knew where Emma was, but I didn't mind her being with someone else for a while, leaving me and Ashton alone. One of the guys I met was Carlos. He was tall, dark, muscular and looked like a pretty average Italian. Besides he was pretty good-looking. 

''You're having a good time?'' Carlos looked over at me and Ashton who was leaning against the edge of the bar with a smile. Since I hated the taste of alcohol, and were to young to drink it, I sipped on a coke. Ashton who was two years older then me, nineteen, only bought a simple light beer.

''Yeah I'm fine.'' I giggled as I smiled back at him. His eyes met mine but slowly adjusted their position to behind me. They narrowed as they were met by something he didn't like.

''Not anymore.'' Carlos said, his voice tensing up.

Carlos and I turned to Ashton who was looking at someone who was walking towards our direction from behind. Ashtons mouth was shut, his fists clenched. Something about the moment made him tense up and start twisting. 

I turned around to be met by two faces I'd seen before. It was two of the guys from earlier tonight.
The guy who looked like he was punk rock and the blonde one was standing right there before us.

''Ashton.'' The blonde guy took a step forward as he glared at my bestfriend.

Now when he was in a closer distance, you could see his face in a better view. 

His face was graced with light, perfect eyebrows, he had black thin piercing across the left corner of his lip and his eyes were icing blue. Even though he didn't smile, you could see the shape of dimples on each side of his cheeks. He bit his lip the slightest as he started to speak.

 ''You still owe me that pot of money.'' he said with a slug smile, closing up so he was standing almost over Ashton.

Ashton exhaled slowly as his eyes flickered around the room, meeting mine in a short second and then looking away. Why didn't I know anything about this? 

 ''So what you're gonna do about it?'' Michael took a step forward as he straightened his shirt.

 ''Do you really think I'm scared of you Hemmings? Geez, you will get the money. As soon as I have them.'' Ashton laughed nervously, but gathered himself quickly and tried to look serious, adjusting his hat.

Carlos and I looked confused at eachother as we continued listening to the conversation.

 ''You don't think we're taking this serious huh?'' Luke hissed as he snapped his fingers one time in the air. Out of nowhere the rest of his gang appeared right behind him.

The darker guy, Calum, stepped forward and leaned in against Ashton's ear.

''We take this more than serious, my friend.'' Calum whispered through gritted teeth. Making me shiver, even though it wasn't me he was referring to. 

Since Ashton was my bestfriend since young age, I could really see how scared he was on the inside. His green eyes who usually were filled with happiness and light were now dark and stern, flickering around.

 ''What about a race?'' I suddenly heard myself say. 

 All eyes were turned towards me as I continued my attempt to help my friend. I could feel my heartbeat increase as I took a step forward, straightening my back in an attempt to look more confident. 

''What about a new deal. You two can throw a race against eachother. If Ashton wins, he doesn't have to pay back for what he owed Luke in the near future. And if Ashton loses...'' I swallowed hard as I looked at my friend. 

 ''He won't.'' Carlos interjected. He swung an arm around Ashton, pushing him forward the slightest, making him stand up. ''Ashton's got this.''

Calum suddenly started to chuckle low as his face became more angrier. ''And where did you get air from, honey?'' Calum said with a slug smile as he came closer to me.

 Ashton didn't even have a chance to open his mouth to defend me, when Luke suddenly interrupted.

 ''Slow down Calum. This could get interesting, and I'm pretty bored. Prepare the launch pad.'' Luke said crafty and smiled.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hey how ya'll doing? I really hope you guys like it so far! Sorry for the short chapter!
Comment, vote and fan me to let me know what you think :D xx