chapter thirty-five

''Hey guys have you seen Luke?'' Michael asked me as he entered the kitchen where Emma and I was sitting eating breakfast. Emma glanced at me as I just shook my head.

''I think he's still sleeping.'' I said as Michael made a face.

''Why is he sleeping? We have stuff to do today.'' he said and walked up to where we sat and took a seat at the table. Emma was eating cereal and I was eating on some toast. Michael looked at my toast and almost licked his lips. I grinned as shoved the toast towards him as a big grin appeared on his face and he offered himself a piece of it.

''He got back like two hours ago.'' I said as Emma huffed. I gave her a looked as Michael looked at us confused.

''Wait what? What was that look about?'' he said and looked between the both of us. I looked down my coffee cup as Emma growled.

''The past days Luke has been taking off these weird times and came back either really late or really early. No one knows what he's doing, not even you!'' she excalimed and looked really irritated. I chuckled a little at her but stopped when I saw the anger wash across Michael's face.

It was true though. These last couple of days Luke had been acting really strange. He had been really distant, not wanting to talk to anyone and keeping himself off and whenever his phone rang, he drove off somewhere. I didn't really want to spy or anything so I hadn't asked him. I trusted Luke.

''Has he said anything about where he's gone?'' Michael asked and looked at me watchfully. I opened my mouth to speak but Emma cut me off making me frown at her.

''No! He just comes and goes at these peculiar times. I mean where is he going off to?!'' she dramatically argued as Michael looked at her slightly suprised.

''Emma, I trust Luke.'' I said and looked at her sharply but my mind started thinking through how weird he actually had acted these last days.

''Although I'm beginning to wonder.'' I mumbled to myself and shot Michael a glance. He tilted his head slightly and gave me a concerned gaze.

''I'll talk to him about it, don't worry.'' he said and a smile appeared on his face, making me feel calmer.

''Thanks Michael. I don't really want to bother him about it.'' I said as he nodded.

''But Taylor, come on!'' Emma nagged as I sighed and rolled my eyes at her.

''Emma, let it go. Now come on, we have to get going!'' I said and had to pull her up from the chair she was sitting on. She was such a time optimist.

''Wait where are you going?'' Michael asked as he reached for the last piece of my toast.

''Emma wanted to suprise Luke with some stuff for his car to show her appreciation of staying here with me.She wants me to help with the mechanical stuff.'' I cheered as he chuckled.

''Well the job suits you guys.'' he said as Emma smiled a little even though I knew she was pissed at me.

We walked out from the kitchen and jumped inside a car somebody had arranged for us.

''So have you thought about what you want to buy?'' I asked as I pulled out from the garage and out on the road.

''Not really. I know I should be more interested, but it's still cars.'' she said and shrugged her shoulders. I chuckled slightly at her.

''You know for having me as a best friend who loves cars, you have very little knowledge about it.'' I smirked as she gave me a glare.

''Well you and I have much more in common then cars, so I don't need to know much about it.'' she said nonchalantly, making me laugh.