chapter twenty-nine

''Ugh I don't want this disgusting food!'' Ashton groaned and threw his spoon away. I chuckled lightly at him as I myself tried to push down the piece of fish that tasted.. well disgusting.

''I can't believe this is the only thing they have on the menu.'' I said with a frown. Ashton and I, luckily got to share a room. So now we were lying in each bed next to each other, getting our dinner.

''I know. This is Sydney for crying out loud!'' Ashton giggled and I smiled lightly. This was our second day here. Well third but we both had spent the whole first night in surgery. Apparently Ashton had been quite okay but he had a few broken bones and some glass splitter but other than that he seemed okay.

''How's your arm?'' Ashton asked as I gave him a frown.

''I can move a little, but it still hurts.'' I said as he gave me a sad look.

''I'm sorry for the crash Taylor.'' he said and tilted his head. I sighed.

''Ashton if you don't stop with the apologizes, even since it was my fault, I will personally punch you in the face.'' I said with a twinkle in my eyes as he started to grin.

''Okay, but I want you to know how much I still care about you.'' he said and smiled sweetly at me.

''I know, and a part of my heart will always belong to you.'' I said with a small smile. I knew he wanted to talk more about me and Luke and all of this but a nurse came to my rescue, as she needed to clean Ashton's wounds. After a while they both started to talk and I noticed how much the nurse seemed to be into Ashton. I started to laugh at the both of them, getting an annoyed glance from Ashton.

''Excuse me miss, but when can we get discharged from here?'' I asked her as she looked up and gave me a small smile before checking her list.

''Ehm, you can go home tomorrow already actually.'' she said putting a big smile on my face.

...

''Ashton, please stay for a while longer!'' I begged but he just smiled and shook his head.

''I don't think that's too good since your little asshole of friend wouldn't be so happy about it. And besides, I need to get back to my job too.'' he smiled and placed his warm hand on my cheek.

''This is the third time I will let you go, but at least I know you have someone that cares a lot about you.'' he said and smiled big to me. I smiled too and stretched up and kissed his cheek.

''Have a nice ride home.'' I chuckled as he nodded and sat down in his taxi. I waved a little as it drove away and I turned around, greeting Michael who gave me a shy smile.

''Are you ready?'' he said and opened the door for me. It was manageable for me to sit in with the bandage I had over my shoulder, holding my arm up in a 90 degree angel.

''So how's the arm?'' he asked as he closed the door behind himself as he sat down in the driver's seat.

''It's better now but I have to do these weird exercises like every day.'' I said with a frown.

''That must suck.'' he chuckled and gave me a slight grin which I returned.

Michael was so sweet and caring. I watched as he shifted the gear and we were soon on the road. He put on the radio on a low volume as we drove in silence. This was something I really enjoyed with Michael. We could just hang out, without spoken words and it didn't feel bothered or forced. It was like we were best friends since years back.

It didn't take long until we pulled up by the house. Well it didn't exactly look like a house. It looked more a warehouse from the outside but it was a home inside. The garage door opened and Michael drove inside, parking on his spot. I tried to open the door by myself but was too tricky. As the gentleman he was, Michael walked around the car and opened the door for me as he pulled my hand and helped me out of it.