chapter thirteen

I woke up late, yawning as I sat up and stretched my back. It was empty in the room so I got up and got dressed in a pair of black skinny jeans and a hoodie, when I suddenly heard voices from the kitchen.

As I began to get curious I sneaked my way through the corridor as the voices became stronger. My heart dropped when I recognized one of the voices as Michaels, and the other one as Luke's. I felt a relief knowing that Michael was safe, and back in the apartment, where he was supposed to be. I was happy he hadn't done something he would regret later. 

''Michael I'm sorry for everything that happened yesterday.. but it's just that.. I can't stand her anymore! She's so annoying!'' an irritated vocie said, beloning to Luke.

''Are you fucking serious?'' Michael hissed in disapprovement . ''she has done nothing wrong!''

''I know but.. she's just.. she's so.. I can't keep control of her!'' Luke said frustrated. I chuckled low to myself, I felt slightly satisfied as I almost was the only one he couldn't control. I hated that he thought he had the power to do anything with anyone, at anytime. 

''She's different. Everybody always does what you want and agrees with you.'' Michael said making Luke grunt. I could hear Luke kick something into the wall, witch broke with a big smash.

''I just can't seem to stop thinking about it. She always disagrees with me, talking against me and never obeys me.'' he said and slammed his fist against the kitchen table.

I jumped at the sudden noie as I accidently bumped against the small table I was hiding behind as the noise echoed loudly. I bit my lower lip and cursed myself under my breath for being so clumsy. Michael and Luke stopped talking as I heard determined and firm footsteps coming towards my way. I was just about to run for my own rescue, but the footsteps were faster. Luke stood with an angry face and clenched his jaw as he was staring at me. 

''Ermh.. hello'' I said embarrased as I felt my cheeks starting to burn. 

''You don't listen in on people like that.'' Luke growled and threatfully started to walk against me as Michael showed up from nowhere to stop him. He reached out an arm just in time as Luke shot his head towards him and seemed to think twice about giving him a punch in the face.

''Luke, relax.'' Michael said serious. ''She's just clumsy.'' I saw him pulling a smirk in the corner of my eye as I smiled inside. Luke stared at his gang member and then shot me a cold look as he grunted something and walked off into his ''private room''. It was a room that nobody but him was allowed to enter. I turned to Michael, as we were left alone together in the corridor. 

''Michael I'm..'' I stared as he raised his hand and interruped me in my sentence.

''It's okay. Forget about yesterday, I don't even know what happened.'' Michael said as he stared me into the eyes. ''You have to understand that even if we're good guys around you, we're not always good. We've done stuff and we're still doing them. We're dangerous, don't forget that.''

I got a bit taken away by what he'd just said, so I didn't really know how to answer him. The feelings within me was bubbling in my veins, I didn't really know what I felt. I was sad but at the same time happy. I never thought that I would be so relieved to see a dangerous gang member again. I watched him throw his hand through his tousled hair as I fell into his arms into a hug. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me back tightly as he rested his chin in the crook of my neck.

''Don't leave me again.'' I whispered as I felt all different emotions rush through my blood. ''I'm happy you're back.''

''I won't'' he breathed out into my ear. ''I promise.''