chapter seven

The car gave off a beeping sound when Calum pressed the button on his keys to unlock it. Even though I still hung upside down over his shoulder, I could identify that it was a black Jeep Wrangler due to my knowledge about cars. My dad had a car firm back in my old home town, so cars was something I knew a thing or two about. 

''Now where the hell do we put her, smartass?'' Michael muttered behind us as Calum swung around to face him. The gun Michael had taken out earlier was now gone. Probably tucked in tight underneath his sleeveless shirt. 

''It's not my fault that  the car is filled with tardust and guns.'' Calum took a steadier grip around my waist as he pushed me up higher on his shoulder as I had started to slide down. ''It's not like we can dump any of it here. Luke would kill us if he didn't get his drugs and stuff.'' 

I stearned at the speaking of drugs. It wasn't anything I was used to myself, but I knew about the danger and side effects of it. God forbid them to put anything in me, was the only thing I could think of when Michael opened one of the back doors to the car.

''Well it's not like we can dump her either.'' Michael said as he started to fiddle around with the boxes in the backseat of the big car. His broad torso disappeared into the car as various sounds from him reshuffling the junk followed. 

''Can you please put me down?'' It was suprising to hear my own voice in such a long time. I almost flinched at the sound of my own voice since it was the first time I actually spoke for the whole night. My voice was raspy and hoarse because I hadn't talked in hours so I cleared my throat. I was tired of just hanging over some crazy mafia members shoulder without knowing what the hell was happening.  ''It's not like I'm gonna be able to run away, am I?'' 

Calum snickered as he was about to put me down on the ground, but changed his mind abruptly just as my feet touched the ground and picked me up again. ''Since you're so nice asking, I'll have to say no.'' 

This time he didn't throw me over his shoulder, instead he held me in his arms bridal-style. It made me feel very awkward being in the arms of a dangerous man that I didn't know weather he was going to kill me or not, but I tried to force myself to stay calm. He stared me right in the eyes with a dirty smirk as his big hands had a strong hold of me. 

''Put. Me. Down.'' I said stern as I shot him my death glare, looking as dead serious as I could. Even though I didn't want to, I gave myself support with a steady grip over Calums shoulder and onto his back, just to hold myself up. If I had the choice, I'd rather stick myself in the eyes with needles than to be in his arms. 

''Aww. What are you gonna do this time? Spit me in the face again?'' His warm breath spread across my cold body as he leaned in closer to my face. ''I wouldn't think so.'' 

I turned my face away from Calum to see Michael walking towards us. His face telling that he was irritated and tired. He swiped his hand through his flurry hair and messed it up even more. I slowly began to realize that he wanted his hair to look tousled and that it just wasn't anything he wasn't aware of.

''There's no other place then in the back of the car, the trunk cover, if we want her to not get noticed.'' Michael said as he looked past me, speaking to Calum.

''Well since you was the one asking where we should put her in the first place,  you get to watch her.'' Calum said as he dropped me in the air, leaving me falling to the ground.

Since Calum was pretty tall, I landed on the ground with a thump, feeling my right leg crack the slightest underneath me. I could feel the pain spread along my entire leg as I let out a small groan. I stretched my leg out carefully and slow, trying not to scream out of pain. Instead of screaming and panicking, I simply bit myself hard in the inside of my cheek feeling the blood taste spread in my mouth as my warm tears started to roll down my face.