chapter five

I felt the coldness swarm around my bare legs as I stretched out my body, trying to sit up straight. The cold concrete floor felt hard against my body.

''What the..'' I thought to myself when reality started to settle in my mind.

The room I were placed in was dark and dull. The only thing that gave a shade of light was a thin light veil from the fullmoon that was shining through a small window just above me. The ground and walls were in a shade of light gray, just like rough building materials made from a mixture of broken stone use to be. My gaze travelled upwards on the wall my body was faced towards, or rather pressed against. There weren't even an arm's length between the wall and my face. I tried my best to turn my body around as careful as I could but was stopped by the cold chains that were locked around my wrists. From the small amount of time I had been awake I hadn't even noticed that they were attatched to me. My body was so cold after lying, god knows for how long, on the ground.

''I'll go check on her.'' I suddenly heard a tired voice mutter.

A faint squeak was heard when a door somewhere behind me was opened. Slow steps approached, while the smell of alcohol filled the room. It seemed like the man didn't know where I were in the room, because of the black darkness that was so thick. Suddenly I felt how a fabric material brushed against my shoulder as someone passed me by. If I was quiet enough maybe he wouldn't hear me, so I tried my hardest to hold my breath. I could hear the man scratch his head as he muttered something again that wasn't hearable.

I flinched backwards at the sudden sound of a revolver who'd just been triggered. My pulse rose rapidly as my heart started to beat faster and I gasped for air.

The man that had been behind me just a second ago was now out of the room and and I could hear the sound of furnitures being pushed around on the floor above. A number of shots were fired and the sound of a window shattering occurred. The thought of what kind of madhouse this was spinned around inside of my head as I sat there, confused over the whole situation.

''WHERE IS SHE?!'' a familiar, dark voice echoed through the whole house. A lump formed in my stomach when I realized it was Ashton.

Rumble arose when the sound of a table that got flipped exclaimed and dark, angry voices began to shout. I was too isolated on the floor underneath in order to hear what the voices were arguing about. It sounded like there was a whole crowd joined upstairs. Three more shots were suddenly fired, then everything went quiet. A buzz of whispering voices triggered and after a minute the sound of quick steps that were coming down the stairs was heard. I swallowed hard and could feel the anxiety fill my body.

The thought of Ashton being shot sneaked in the back of my head as my breath started to increase. All this time I hadn't cried even once, but now the tears were starting to burn under my eyelids.

My heart stopped within my ribs when the door behind me squeaked and was pushed open. Clouds covered the moonlight that had been lighting up the room before, so the room was all dark. I heard two steady footsteps come in and the room was filled with an aroma of dark cologne.

I leaned my forehead against the cold wall and pressed my body against it to make myself as small as possible. Holding my whimpers back.

''SHE'S NOT HERE!'' a man upstairs roared. Luke.

''Shit, we need to get out of here! Let's go!!'' another voice exclaimed.

For a second it was dead silent in the room I was locked up in. The only thing that you could hear was the man in the room's breathing, because I held my own breath. Suddenly the sound of doors shutting on the floor above us was heard, and soon you could hear cars start and take off. Soon enough the man in the room let out a small sigh and started to go back to the stairs. I took a quick breath as the oxygen in my lungs started to run out. But even though I tried to be as quiet as I could, it wasn't enough.

The man stormed into the room once again and I could hear how he pulled up his weapon. I froze and pressed myself against the wall again. Footsteps sneaked around behind me and I could feel the smell of guy cologne come closer. When the footsteps were right behind me and I could feel the presence of someone standing there I stood up quickly and tried to hit the guy with the back of my head. On a millisecond, he managed to duck and held me soon firmly with one arm across my collarbones and the other with a gun pressed against my head. And I could feel his chest move against my back as he breathed.

''Michael come here!'' he shouted right next to my ear where his head was as he held me.

In that moment everything fell to place a bit for me. Michael and Calum had kidnapped me earlier that night. So if Michael was the one upstairs, Calum was the one holding me right in this moment.

A couple of quick feet made their way down the stairs and soon a new figure entered the room. Michael.

''Where is she?'' Michael exclaimed as he came closer in the dark. ''Luke scared the gang away, so it's all cleared upstairs.''

''I've got her!'' Calum said proudly and I could almost imagine the slug little smirk of his spread across his face as he shook me the slightest. It was strange that he held me so hard, because I was already stuck in several chains attatched to the ground.

I still hadn't said anything by now, but I didn't really know what to say. It was just as well to just remain silent, I didn't even want to think about the consequences. I didn't want to influence anything or make them angrier. But I had to ask about Ashton.

''Where's Ashton?'' I asked quiet.

I could feel Calum turn his head against mine as he answered. '' You tell me, girl.''

Calum and Michael whispered something between each other and everything went silent for a minute. Suddenly I winced as a sack was pulled over my head so that everything became darker than it already was. My pulse rose of fear and I squeezed my eyes shut. Two shots were fired, and my arms immediately felt lighter.

Then I fainted.

-

hi guys! i'm sorry if this chapter was totally boring, but i've got better chapters with more talking and stuff coming. this was just something i posted to keep you updated meanwhile if that makes any sense. please comment and vote, ily so much your support means the world to me! x