7

I pull away from Chan reluctantly, though my hands still stay bundled up in the back of his t-shirt. I didn't know my body would react so positively to his hug; my heart rate has slowed down back to normality, the knot of anxiety in my stomach has subsided and has left a gentle bubble of comfort in its place; I feel strangely at ease, as if maybe things aren't really as bad as they seem.

Chan gently wipes my wet cheeks with his thumbs, his fingers ghosting over my damp skin, before giving me a shy smile. “Okay?”

I nod and grin up at him, ignoring the sinking feeling in my stomach as I let go of him. “Yes. Thanks Chan.”

Chan grins back. “Come on. Let’s go down to the guys. We’ve still got twenty minutes of lunch left,” he says, grabbing my hand and leading me to the door of the roof. He stops and steps aside, doing a ridiculous mock bow and gestures to the door. “After you, my lady.”

I giggle and play along with his act, giving him a dainty little curtsy in return. He starts to chuckle and we head down the stairs, the boy gently swinging our entwined hands.

“Chan?” I ask hesitantly as we walk through the corridors. I slide my hand out of his warm grip; I don't want people to get the wrong idea and spread more rumours around.

“Yeah?” Chan replies, looking down at me. He looks looks briefly at my hand as I shove it in my jacket pocket, before he looks away hastily and I don't get the chance to read the expression flashing in his eyes.

“What if everyone laughs at me?” I question him and he frowns.

“Why would they laugh?”

“Because they always laugh at me,” I say. “What if they find what Leah did funny?”

He snorts. “No one in their right mind would find that psycho funny. And if they do, I’ll get Felix on them. He did taekwondo.”

I giggle at his response. “Felix looks like he couldn’t kill a mosquito let alone hit a human. But if I might believe it if I heard his voice before seeing his face."

“Ah,” Chan smiles. “That’s one of his assets though. People don’t think he’s capable of hurting anyone, but that’s what makes him so unpredictable - imagine someone comes to pick a fight on him and he just quickly kicks them around the head.”

I smile at that, thinking Felix would be a fun person to be friends with.

“Tell me a bit about everyone,” I ask him, curious. If I'm to start hanging out with them like they said, i should learn more about them.

“Hmm well there’s Changbin, says he’s into dark stuff and acts all intimidating, actually has the darkness of a fairy princess,” Chan says. "He sleeps with a stuffed animal. Don't tell him I told you," he adds quickly with a guilty smile and I burst into peals of laughter. Wow. “Then we’ve got Jisung, he’s an absolute mess of a human and tries a little too hard to make us laugh. He's so so talented, and so caring and genuine, he’s a really lovely guy. Hyunjin is a whole drama queen which makes him pretty fun to hang out with, and he’s a huge softie for anything cute and pink. He has a really huge heart and he can get really sensitive at times, but it's only because he feels things deeply. There’s Seungmin, who seems to hate everyone except Jeongin, and Jeongin loves everyone except Seungmin. Usually if you're looking for one of them, you'll find them with the other. Jeongin is the smallest of us and he’s like our little baby. And then there’s Minho, who literally curses us every second of the day and loves nothing but his three cats,” he finishes, as we head into the cafeteria. I brace myself for sly comments and titters, but thankfully no one pays me any attention apart from a few stuck up girls in my year and I sigh with relief.