17

“Why, don’t you look stunning today?" Chan greets me with a grin as I step outside of my house. I grin as his gaze softens at the sight of my mid length dress, the royal purple fabric cascading gently down my hips. I have my regular leather jacket ontop, and my fishnet tights underneath paired with black ankle boots, but my unfamiliarity with wearing a dress on the daily makes me anxious. I tuck my loose hair behind my ear and look down self consciously, feeling strange without my jeans.

“I don’t,” I deny, brushing off imaginary dust from my skirts. I walk up to him, clocking his shirt. “Oh wow Mr Bang Chan, you’re wearing colour too.”

He blushes, looking down at his matching purple t-shirt. “Couldn’t let you be the only one wearing colour now, could I?”

I giggle, reaching up to squish his cheeks. He scrunches his nose up and he looks so much like a baby rabbit that I can't help but stand on my tiptoes and give him the smallest of kisses on the tip of his nose. I squeal and let go as he stands there looking at me at shock, before he shakes his head and grabs my hand as we walk down his street, heading off to school.

It’s been a week since Chan snuck into my bedroom, and the bruises on my face have reduced to ugly, yellow and green blotches. I managed to cover them with colour corrector and concealer; I only wish it that that easy to cover my inner bruises too.

“The boys are dying to see you,” Chan tells me, making me roll my eyes fondly.

“You don’t say. They’ve been exploding the group chat all week,” I remember with a laugh, thinking about how much Jisung and Felix pestered the both of us to come back to school. “They’re cute though.”

Chan grimaces. “I’d like to know what your definition of cute is.”

We laugh together at that, but our laughter soon turns into giddy shrieking just as the heavens open and we are soaked within seconds. I can't help but giggle even more as Chan lifts my arm up and playfully spins me around in the middle of the street, thick sheets of rain plastering my hair to my face and Chan’s clothes to his body. I spin with my hand in his on the corner of the street, my dress flying out like wings around me. Chan pulls me into him, his back hitting a wall as my chest presses up against his, both of us breathing heavily. His shirt has become a translucent sheet clinging to his body like a second skin, revealing the hardness of his abs and his muscles in his arms. One of his hands rests on my waist, the other in my hand while mine is placed on his chest. I feel my heart pounding against my ribcage so hard that I'm sure it's about to burst out. I slowly raise my eyes up and see him looking down at me, his eyes burning with fire and it takes all my strength to keep my gaze fixed on his. That is, until he coughs slightly and looks away, letting go of me, which seems to snap me out of my trance and I step away from him, the wind cooling my flaming cheeks. The moment passes just as quick as it came and we begin walking again, acting as if nothing had ever happened.

Once we get to school, I am pummeled to the ground by a screaming Felix, who hugs me so tight that my breath vanishes. Minho grabs him by the back of his shirt and lifts him up, placing him on his feet.

“Don’t crush her you idiot," Minho glares at his friend.

Felix grins sheepishly as I get up to my feet, brushing the dust off of my dress. He then attacks me again and hugs me so hard that I forget myself for a moment and cry out in pain.

All seven boys stop in silence and stare at me wide eyed, while Chan carefully slides his fingers into mine. I suddenly realise that I failed to conceal my pain and I slowly close my eyes, sliding down to the ground, dropping my head onto my knees.

“ … Y/N?” Felix asks tentatively, crouching down beside me. “What’s wrong? I’m sorry I ... I - did I hurt you?”

I shake my head, banging my forehead on my knees. “It’s not your fault.” I look up to Chan for help and he drops down next to me, pulling me into his chest. I let myself lean into him, exhaling heavily.