16

My eyes open in a groggy haze and I blink sleepily, adjusting to my surroundings. My gaze focuses on a lightly snoring Chan, his curls ruffled and frizzy on my cotton pillow. The sight of his vulnerability makes me smile faintly, and I use the rare opportunity to study his face. I sweep my eyes over his rosy cheeks, soft with sleep, his dark lashes kissing the tops of his cheekbones, his plump lips parted slightly. My heart skips a beat at his beauty, and I have to use all my strength to restrain myself, yet again. I lay there, taking every inch of Chan in as if I can't get enough, registering the way his short sleeves have rolled up to above his shoulders, displaying his toned muscles that move gently under his skin as he moves his arm slightly, adjusting his position. That's when I realise his hand leads to my waist, and I look down, clocking his pretty hand cupping my hips with the gentlest of touches. I blush, realising his touch is something I'm never touch is something I never want to lose.

Forget that, Chan is someone I never want to lose.

"Are you going to spend all morning staring at me?" A husky voice snaps me out of my blind admiration and I flit my eyes up to Chan's face. His eyes are still closed but his pouty lips turn up at the corners nto his dimpled smile. I open my mouth in embarrassment at the thought of him watching me as I watched him.

"I wasn't staring at you ... " I reply feebly, tucking the duvet under my chin again and snuggling down even further.

Chan chuckles, his voice deep from sleeping. "Sure you weren't. I saw you," he says, opening his eyes finally and rolling onto his back, taking his warmth with him. I pout slightly, not wanting him to go. Then he moves his head to the side to face me.

"How are you feeling, Y/N?" He asks, his expression unreadable.

"Better. I think I slept better knowing ... I wasn't alone," I mumble the last words, silently cursing myself for bringing the topic up. He smiles at me, colour rising up to his cheeks.

"I'm glad. I don't want you to be alone anymore," he says, rolling onto his side again. His hand comes up and brushes the strands of fringe out of my face. He keeps his hand resting on the back of my head, and I find I don't want him to move it. "You've got the other boys aswell, even though you haven't been with them much. You'll always have me though, okay?"

I nod, taking a risk and moving closer to him. Without a word he closes the gap and once again I'm in his arms, which has quickly become my favourite place. I breathe him in, shutting my eyes against his chest as his fingertips draw circles on the back of my neck

"Thank you, Chan," I whisper when I pull away, leaving my hands connected to the small of his back. He lowers his head to kiss my nose and rests his forehead against my own.

"Don't thank me. I haven't done anything."

***

I giggle, squealing as I run down the street and away from Chan's hands imitating claws. He chases me, a bright grin painting his beautiful face as he chuckles after me, his laugh echoing in the quiet street. Running faster, I get so caught up in the silly game that I don't notice a tall figure appearing infront of me. I immediately smack into the man, falling backwards and landing on my behind. Grimacing, I rub my back before looking up at the imposter.

My eyes fix on a set of highly polished, patent black shoes, leading up to a pair of royal blue suit trousers, a crisp white shirt and gleaming cufflinks adorning the edges of the matching blue blazer's sleeves. He looks familiar, looks like a distant memory ...

Blood rushes to my head as the recognition hits me like a train at full speed. He looks older than I remember, a faint shadow of stubble along his defined jaw that wasn't there before, but he's still the same, handsome man from my childhood.