23

A soggy marshmallow falls to the ground and I giggle as I catch sight of Jisung’s open mouth. He gawks at Chan and I, the two of strolling towards the group with our hands in each other’s, big smiles on our faces. Felix’s eyes widen as they travel to our hands, before realisation explodes behind his pupils.

“Finally stopped being a wimp did he?” Felix asks with a bright laugh, turning his gaze to a blushing Chan, head bowed. “Good on you, mate.”

Minho pulls a disgusted expression in our direction. “Ugh. Love. How awful,” he scowls, before grabbing Jisung by the arm and shoving him into their tent, crawling in after him. The zipper trails around the opening of the tent and the flap slams shut.

A silence follows, the rest of the boys staring at the spot Minho was just sat in.

Seungmin clears his throat and sips his water, averting his eyes from the empty space. He looks as though he can't tell whether he wants to laugh or slap somebody, and I hide a smile at the twitching of the boy's lips
Squeezing my hand, Chan leads me over to the wooden logs the boys are sat on and sits me down  beside Felix, before taking the seat at my other side. Felix grins at me as I sit down and he immediately wiggles his eyebrows like enthusiastic caterpillars, causing me to laugh at him despite the heat making my cheeks flush.

I suddenly shiver as I'm hit with a wave of cold; everything I'm wearing is soaked through, and heavy with rain. I sigh, realising that my clothes are all inside of the school; there's no way I can go and get them right now.

But as always, Chan notices and pulls me into his side; he slides an arm around my shoulder and I gratefully sink into his side. Heat radiates off of him in a steady current even though his clothes are just as sodden as my own. Everything about him is warm, from the way his fingers gently rub heat into my arm to the way his scent smells cosy and sweet.

“How are you soaked but still so warm?” I ask him, snuggling into the man further.

Chan winks as he replies. “It’s because I’m so hot, baby girl,” his voice is deliberately lower than normal as he slowly moves his face closer to mine. Heat rising up into my cheeks, I edge further and further away from him, so far that my back hits Felix’s thighs I end up lying down in a surprised Felix’s lap. Felix raises an eyebrow before patting my head with a smile, as Chan contines to move until he’s hovering over me.

“Oh woah okay nope," Felix yelps, "not in my lap you don’t,” Felix says, gently pushing me up to a sitting position. “I fully support you and all, but I don’t particularly want to see you making out on top of me.”

I snort at his words as Chan smirks, pressing a subtle kiss onto my lips. I jump, looking around wildly as I raise my hand to my tingling mouth.

“Chan … not here,” I protest, shying away from but it only makes him pull me closer to him.

“It’s okay, Y/N. The guys might act like they’re disgusted, but they're not actually. And besides, someone needs to you show you how much you mean to us,” he says, kissing my temple. I give in to his affection and melt into his arms, delving into his delicious warmth as Felix makes ‘aw’ sounds behind us.

***

Stretching my arms above my head, I yawn. The change into my pyjamas instantly worked as a sleeping pill, my eyes drooping with sleepiness. Chan stands opposite me in his own pyjamas, his white shirt and trousers scattered with animated kangaroos holding different expressions. His hair is flat over his forehead and poking up at the back like dinosaur spikes, and I feel my heart swell at how adorable he looks.

“Alright, you two,” Seungmin approaches us, a huge hoodie engulfing his entire body. He taps a spare tent rod in his hands as he glares at Chan and I. “No funny business. No naughty stuff. Just go to sleep, okay?”

Chan blushes at the same time as my eyes go wide at his words, heart pounding hard in my chest.

Then Seungmin smiles, stepping up to give Chan a friendly punch on his arm, before ruffling my hair. “You’re cute,” he says. “Practically made for each other.”

We both grin at that, sharing a soft look before Seungmin makes his way to his own tent which he is sharing with Jeongin, who waves at me. I'm pretty sure I can see pain in his eyes as Seungmin immediately attacks him.

“Y/N! Since you and Chan hyung are together now, you can be like my mum because Chan is like my dad,” Jeongin chuckles at his joke, his bright smile acting like a light in the stark darkness surrounding the school.

I grin back at him, not quite sure what to make of that. “I wouldn’t make a good mum.”

Chan’s arm slips around my waist, rubbing his cheek against mine. “I think you’d make an amazing mum.”

I blush. “What makes you think that?”

He smiles at me, turning me around to face him. “Well, you’re really caring, first of all. You put people before yourself all the time, which isn’t necessarily always good, but in this case it is. You like kids as well, which is always an indicator that someone will be a good parent,” he take my hand in his, leading me to our tent. “You’d be great.”

I smile up at him. “You’d be a great dad.”

Chan chuckles, ushering me through the opening of the tent. “I know I would. I’ve always wanted kids.”

I imagine tiny little Chans running around in a garden with big Chan chasing after them with his outstretched hands, a huge grin on his face. I have to bite my lip to stop smiling at the vision.

Chan suddenly grabs me from behind and pulls me down with him - I end up laying next to him, his body spooning mine with his warm arms wrapping around my waist tightly but gentle enough to avoid hurting my still healing wounds. I snuggle back into him, the chirp of crickets strangely soothing as the lull of sleep pulls me under its current.