Ch.10: It's a Long Story

8 1/2 Months later...

"Ooooow, Nevaeh. You're kicking mommy right in my ribs" I whined as I pushed where her little feet were protruding out. She was crowded in my stomach & I couldn't wait to get my body back. I'd take the itching of my skin in the beginning over this constant discomfort. Over the last several months, I made a lot of changes. Changes necessary for my new life & the one growing inside of me. I moved completely out of my condo & sold most of my furniture for some extra cash, though I wasn't hurting for it.

I blocked all three men from my phone & social media accounts. That way they couldn't keep tabs, if they're nosy & they wouldn't be able to see that I was pregnant. Friends and family that were also friends with them on Facebook etc were forbidden from tagging me in new pictures, just to stay in the clear.

I also got a promotion at my job as a supervisor along with Lex, which was great since I lived at home again & was able to stack my cash. Once I got further into my pregnancy, nearing the end, I went on ahead & took my maternity leave. I'm 2 weeks out from having my baby, but she could come at anytime.

Lex went into full blown God Mommy/ Auntie duties quick. She was spoiling Vaeh already. Always Facetime'ing me at stores & just buying cute things randomly, while simultaneously planning her wedding. So for the most part my life was going pretty good.

My mother was elated that I moved in, since it was just her, my stepfather & their two little muts. She was happy to have the company. Also since she had a 4 bedroom house, she was the one that suggested I move in with her, since I would be raising the baby alone.

To make a long story short, I told her the truth. She didn't judge me & was very understanding about my situation, however she did advise me to find out who the father was in the future, for Nevaeh's sake. In the mean time, she went crazy shopping for the baby's nursery. I let her do whatever she wanted because for more than a year that very room will be collecting dust. She helped me out with anything if I needed it, even if I didn't. I appreciate it more than she'll ever know.

I had a burner account that I used to keep up with Maurice on Facebook. He seemed to be doing well for the most part, but he still wasn't dating anyone. He would post a lot of shit about heartbreak & being depressed. He'd just work & chill with friends overall but even in group pictures you could see the sadness on his face, in his eyes & behind his smile. It killed me to know that I was the reason he was so dull now. He used to be so active & happy before we reconnected and eventually broke his heart. He was a shell of his old self & it all was because of me.

I was snatched outta my head by both a knock at my room door & a hard kick to my ribcage again. I winced in pain as my mother peeped her head into the room.

 I winced in pain as my mother peeped her head into the room

"Hey, Sweety. I brought you some water, your prenatals & a snack" she smiled as she walked over to me. Sitting on the bed she handed me everything & rubbed my stomach just as Nevaeh started to stir around. "I say this every time but she is gonna be a busy body."