Ch.4: So I Creep

I had already prepared myself for whatever Lex was going throw at me. As I drove in the hustle & bustle of the morning rush, I thought about all the rebuttals I would need to have ready. I already knew Alexis was super disappointed in me for cheating on Dre & was probably going to tell me what a bad person I was.

Sure I didn't have any proof, sure I wasn't 100 % sure of his cheating. I had a feeling & that meant more to me than anything. My feelings are never wrong! Have never been wrong & I don't see that changing.

I didn't even want to tell her about Maurice. I knew she would just judge me more & shoot down any & everything I had to say.

I had been at my cubicle for close to an hour before she finally showed her face. She said she had to be brief since we weren't on break. She sighed as she stood beside me, holding onto papers to make herself look like she was working. I guess she was seeing where to begin, if she even knew where to. Honestly there's nothing she can tell me about myself that I don't already know.

"Niecy, I've been thinking on what you told me yesterday. Like I said, please let me get what I have to say out first before you shut it down..." she paused & played with her fingers. She returned her eyes to me. "I know I can't change your mind about how wrong it was to do him like that & I know you said you had a feeling or whatever...I know I also told you to let him know, but who knows how he would take that? So don't tell him. You take this to your grave with you...Andre is a good man & everything you ever wanted, you said so yourself. I just didn't want you fuckin' up the good thing you've always wanted for years" she sighed again, giving me time to speak.

"Lex, since we're being open about my situation, I have something else to tell you" I said as I sat back in my chair. I was going to tell her about Darius & Maurice. I was going to tell her about how I had sex with three dudes in one day. I was going to tell her everything...Well I wanted to tell her.

"Oh lord, what now Niecy?" she asked & I could tell she was a little upset. She shook her head while rolling her eyes. I knew then, she was about to judge the entire fuck out of me, no matter what I said.

"I had sex with Darius again...Now before you get all swole in the chest, let me plead my case. I-"

"What case, Niecy?" she cut me off before I could even finish. She looked around to make sure no one was paying us any mind & looked back at me.

"Hey, I let you have the floor & say all that you felt you wanted & needed to say, so give me the same respect...Look he's a really cool dude Lex & I-."

"Ok, but he's not your dude though" she cut me off again. "Your dude was at home being disrespected by his fiancè..." she paused. "You're no better than all those other motha fucka's that cheated on you...Matter of fact, you might as well call off the damn wedding. You're obviously not ready to be a wife. You're too busy being a damn thot."