Ch.15: F**ked Around & Found Out

"Niecy, I can't believe you really don't know how to play spades!" Carl shouted annoyingly loud as he sat down next to Lex with a beer in his hand. He offered her some but she declined it. It had been damn near a month, if not that & she still hadn't told him she was pregnant.

It seemed out of character for her, especially since she was so excited to tell us on Thanksgiving. So I made a mental note to ask her about it whenever we got a chance to be alone. Hell maybe she was saving it for a Christmas present, whatever it was my nosey ass was gonna get to the bottom of it.

"I'm taking your black card, cause how?!?!" Carl continued as he sipped his beer. "Maurice how you let your wife be out here not knowing how to play?"

"Hey man, she's good at a lot of other things, so I let it slide" he laughed as he sat back

"Hey man, she's good at a lot of other things, so I let it slide" he laughed as he sat back. He was laughing a little too much & too hard, it wasn't that damn funny. So I hit him with my elbow to shut his hyena sounding ass up.

"Ouch! Damn bae, chill" he complained as he rubbed his chest where I hit him. I gently grabbed his chin & kissed his full lips as an apology. He kissed me back & I wanted to deepen the kiss but held back, so our company wouldn't complain about our PDA.

"We can play dominos" Lex suggested & I shook my head looking down as I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"I don't know how to play that either" I admitted & they all laughed again while Carl threw his arms up. "Fuck y'all ok! I was into board games & shit. Not none of this" I waved my hand over the table as they kept laughing.

"Damn, well can you play Uno, Old Maid, hell Gold Fish?" Carl asked & again everyone laughed at my expense

"Damn, well can you play Uno, Old Maid, hell Gold Fish?" Carl asked & again everyone laughed at my expense. I just flicked them off as I got up to go get me a drink, while they talked amongst themselves.

"Aw c'mon Niecy, it's just jokes" Carl called out behind me, I just kept my middle finger up until I disappeared down the hall, leaving them to cackle & crack jokes.

While in there I called my mom to check on & talk to Vaeh, who was spending the night. I hate to say it but Sheryl had been M.I.A. ever since her & Maurice got into it. She would call or Facetime me so she could see & talk to Vaeh & lowkey check to see where Maurice's head was, but we haven't seen her physically in almost a month. With Christmas being around the corner, I hoped that it would change soon.