Ch. 20: Off

It's like time was on warp speed with this pregnancy, before I knew it I was 9 months & miserable as fuck! Every little task became a big one. I had spasms in my back, legs, hips & Maurice was giving me massages every chance he could. Honestly this pregnancy was nothing like when I was pregnant with Vaeh, it was worse! This baby, my rainbow baby will definitely be my last.

I was always sick, lightheaded & pretty much bed ridden, most days. I was also dehydrated and always in pain, from swelling. My doctor told me I was at risk of preeclampsia or gestational diabetes, which is scary as fuck. To put it short, I was ready to have this baby & get my body back.

He lived on my right side, no matter how much I pressed to get him to move over, he would always move back. Vaeh thought it was funny when his foot would slide under my skin. She'd push on it & he'd move making her laugh. Then there were times we'd be in the bed as a family & she & her daddy would just be loving up on him, kissing & rubbing my belly, which I got 50,000 pictures of. Those were the good times.

After several arguments with Maurice about not helping Matthew out, some so intense he would leave the house & be gone for hours before returning. He had been donating bone marrow whenever he was needed. Matthew was appreciative, obviously but I was still a skeptic. I think what pissed me off most outside of the trust issue, was the sex issue. My sex drive is crazy, Maurice knows that & this baby just kicked that shit into overdrive. I wanted dick like I want every meal a day. Every time this nigga donates, his hip would be sore & his back achy so that left me having to find ways to put out my own fire.

He tried with fingering me & sucking my tits to satisfy my insatiable hunger, but it didn't hit the same. I wanted to feel the girth I got accustomed to & hated having to wait until his hip & back felt better. Sometimes that shit took days. One time it took a week & I liked to flip a table or two or three.

His relationship with his father was flourishing, I seen the transition from him being hesitant to being open & I know I should've been happy about it & for him but y'all know by now that my suspicion is not one to be fucked with. Folk should be worried when I get suspicious, because I'm never wrong in it.

I just tried to hide my true feelings about the shit whenever Matthew came around, but they always showed on my face. These last three months of him coming over with Samantha, Tiffany, Erica & Tiffany's children, husband etc. Getting to know the otherside of my husband, it felt genuine...Sort of.

They fit into our village with no problems, especially since we lost two in it. Yeah, that's right, Lex & I weren't friends anymore. Big surprise right? She called me a day after what I said & tried to son me & cuss me out & it didn't end well at all. We both ended up calling each other everything but the name we were given at birth & a child of God. When it was over, I had to sit down to bring my blood pressure down & to stop stressing the baby.

Later on, towards the end of my pregnancy right before I was about to take my maternity leave, the office gave me a baby shower & she stayed in her office the entire time. I wasn't even tripping because hell, it is what it is. It was just hard to explain to a four year old why her "Aunt & Uncle" were no longer coming around, so we did it to the best of our ability.

Other than that, things were looking up I guess, especially with Matthew's health improving & him being able to play with Vaeh more. His entire unit moved down here in preparation for the baby's birth, because they wanted all of the cousins to know each other & grow up together.

Tiffany & Erica also wanted to be closer to Maurice so they could get to know him even more than before & to catch up on lost time. I've heard their conversations about their thoughts on what their father did & it wasn't pretty. Tiffany being the 2nd eldest decided once Matthew was in remission a bigger convo needed to be had. No matter how much he might push against it, it was gonna happen, her words.