Ch.7: N***a's Ain't S**t!

"What do you mean there isn't going to be a wedding?!?!?" my mother yelled. She picked her drink up & stared at me in the living room from the island in the kitchen. I had sat on the idea of telling her for two days before I finally got the nerve to come over here. I always had to prepare myself for her overdramatic antics.

The truth was simple, well to me anyway. I was going to be with the man that has made me happy since the very first day I met him. That's it. That simple.

My mother, who had finally joined me in the living room, just sat across from me, shaking her head.

"Denise, all of the planning, the dress fittings, the invitations & sending those out & the phone calls

"Denise, all of the planning, the dress fittings, the invitations & sending those out & the phone calls. Hell, all of the money used on all of it...All of that just for there not to be a wedding?" she continued to shake her head. She sighed & looked at me, still shaking her head in disbelief.

"Yeah, I ended things with Dre two days ago & I already have most of what I could get a refund on pending. At this point I'm just waiting for him to come get the rest of his stuff before I throw it out" I said as I shrugged my shoulders. She sighed and continued to look at me.

"I mean, not that I have to explain my life decisions to anyone, but I'm doing what's best for me" I continued. "Just because I'm getting older doesn't mean I have to or had to settle. Truth be told, that's why I was with him in the first place....He was just convenient" I admitted.

"So the two years you were with him meant nothing? That is a human with feelings. Not some toy you can just get rid of when you're bored" she shook her head again.

"Oh my God!!! FUCK! It's over, mama. That's it and that's all. If you love him so much, you should just make him your second husband or some shit! Because I'm done!" I shouted. I was fed up.

She was too invested in something that really didn't matter to her at the end of the day. So what she loved the guy, I was the one that was going to have to deal with him & his lackluster dick for the rest of my life. I think the fuck not! I was sick of the damn dramatics.

"It is my life & I can do what I please. If you're mad about time & money being wasted with all of this wedding shit, fine. I'm sorry for that, but I am not sorry for choosing my happiness over everything else...Thanks for coming to my TED Talk!" I said as I threw my hands up. Concluding my rant.

"Denise Er-" she started but what was cut off by me for the fifty lem time.

"Please Ma, save it. I'm done & I'm moving on. If you can't accept that, then that is on you. I'm going to be fine either way, period" I said as I started for the door.

"You done came over here and ruined my damn day...Your father will be hearing about this & don't be surprised if you get a phone call from him" she said as she made her way to the door as well. I walked out of it & she closed & locked it behind me. I heard the click of the lock as I walked to my car.