Ch.18: Teenage Love Affair

2 1/2 Months Later...

"Heeeey Mama" I said as I walked into her house, rubbing Ricky & Bobby's (I named her dogs that LOL) heads as I made my way through the foyer. I entered her living room where she was, sitting on the couch going through old boxes. I quickly got comfortable on the sofa across from the one she sat on.

"Hey Mama?" she repeated as she put a notepad she pulled out back down. "What's wrong?" she quizzed & I chuckled as I shook my head. There she goes thinking the worse.

"Why somethin' gotta be wrong? I can't just come see my mother?" I smiled as I put my feet up, looking at her with a smirk. She shook her head as she dug in the box some more.

"Anytime you 'Mama' me, it's either bad news or good...Usually bad, so what is it?" she asked as she handed me the notepad. I looked it over & realized the box she was rummaging through was a bunch of my stuff from highschool & my old room.

"It's a lil' early to be spring cleaning ain't it?" I asked trying to change the subject when I suddenly got cold feet about telling her the news.

I was in a chipper mood because Maurice & I had just left a doctors appointment, he went on to work afterwards but everything was looking good! The baby has a strong heartbeat, growing at the normal rate...It was looking like we were about to finally get our rainbow baby after all those storms. Even more exciting news is, it's a boy! Maurice was on some Tom Cruise shit when we were told the gender. He couldn't stop kissing me & apologising to the doctor, who playfully waved him off.

What's crazy is, is we found out that I was further along than we originally thought. I had actually gotten pregnant 2 months before Thanksgiving, while we weren't even trying. We were just fuckin', cause I remember that day vividly & we definitely weren't "making love". We had a bad argument that day & just seeing his frown & that vein protruding out his neck, turned me all the way the fuck on.

We fucked the soul out each other like a couple fresh outta prison...Or how we did when my six weeks was up after Vaeh. Yeah, that day we were bored, angry, horny & our daughter was out with her grandfather. Funny how life works.

Anyway, that means at this very moment, I'm a few days shy of 5 months, which is why I wore one of Maurice's hoodies over here to conceal my obvious belly.

"It's never too early to clear out mess. Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter, I'll throw some shit out if it's served it's purpose & I have no use for it...But stop trying to change the subject. What'd you come over here to tell me?"

"Do you really wanna know?" I stalled & she rolled her eyes & huffed. "Ok. I'll stop playing before you knock my block off-"

"And will" she interjected with a chuckle as she bent down to grab another box

"...I'm pregnant" I finally revealed as I stood to rub my protruding belly to show her. She dropped the box she had just picked up off the floor & looked at me with her mouth wide open.