Ch.1: Suspicious Woman

Andre Williams. We had been dating on & off for two and a half years. Then one day he decided he wanted to make me his wife. Now in some women eyes, he was the total package. He had a good job, nice teeth, he's over six feet tall, no kids, so no baby mama's & he's hung like a horse! Some of that may have played a part in me saying yes, and I loved him too, but I was suspicious.

You see Andre is a flirt. He doesn't try to do it, he's just naturally flirty & that baritone would have any clear thinking woman throwing her panties at him. That's how he got me. We met at a bar a few years ago. He worked that charm on me & ended up with my number at the end of the night.

Now my issue is, is I feel like he isn't honoring me as his soon to be wife. Now women always throw themselves at him, he's handsome, it's expected, but I swear to God he doesn't fight it off. Like at all! It's like, uh, you're about to have a wife soon, let's act accordingly. Maybe I'm just making shit up in my head, but I just feel like he's cheating. He has a code on his phone for one. A code that I don't know. Two, he never let's me see who is calling when it rings & just says it's "business" so I can leave him the hell alone, I guess.

The entire time I was away on a much needed mini vacation to San Juan, Puerto Rico. I just knew he was blowing another chicks back out. Had to have been. We only Facetime'd one time the entire time I was gone & that shit lasted all of what, five minutes. No time for phone sex, slow replies if any to text messages. I'm no fool, I know the signs well enough. I know he has a job of his own & shit he has to do, that part I get. I'm not complaining about that at all.

By all means get that money! Things just seem to be going too good & you know what they say about shit being too good. It's almost always, too good to be true.

I unlocked the door to our condo lowkey expecting to catch him booty ass naked banging some chick on the couch. Instead, I see him in the kitchen, throwing down making me my favorite dish. Lasagna. He knew I always liked to have my cheat days after a trip & just "start fresh" at the top of the next week. This time was no different. He even had the wine glasses filled with Remy Martin VSOP, my favorite & a candle was lit in the middle of the table. How sweet.

"Hey baby" he said excitedly when he seen me creep fully around the corner

"Hey baby" he said excitedly when he seen me creep fully around the corner. "Oow am I glad to see you. Come here girl" he said as he held my waist, bringing me closer to him, kissing my neck. "Umm, you smell good" he added before he kissed my lips, he tried to deepen the kiss but I held back.

"What's all this?" I asked with raised eyebrows and a big cheesy grin on my face.

"My token of gratitude, baby. You work hard & play harder. You've been gone five whole days & I wanted it to be special for you, for when you came back. It's my way of showing my woman, my lady, that I love you & you mean the entire universe to me..." he paused, kissing my cheek. I smiled, I mean it was nice of him to do this. "On a scale of one to ten, ten being the greatest. How good did I do?" he asked.