Ch.11: What a Rush

"He still wants to be with me even with the possibility of him not being the father" I said to Lex, who sat across from me in the backyard. "He still wants to do the paternity test & I do too, but he said the results won't even matter" I added as I rubbed my belly that was moving from my breathing & Vaeh trying to get comfortable.

"Damn, that's great girl. I mean I was all for you doing the single parent thing but this is even better. Especially for Vaeh...So you told him the whole truth?" she asked just to clarify.

A silence fell amongst us, just the crickets and the ripple of the pool water blowing in the wind was all that was heard. I looked around before my eyes met hers and she tilted her head waiting for me to respond.

 I looked around before my eyes met hers and she tilted her head waiting for me to respond

"Kinda...Y'know at this point Lex, some of the shit that I did doesn't matter" I said with a shrug. Just then Nevaeh kicked the entire shit outta me, making me bend forward slightly. I huffed in pain & finally focused on Lex again. I pressed the side of my stomach to get Vaeh to move her foot, that she just seemed to love putting in my damn ribs.

"So, you didn't tell him that there is actually TWO other men that could be the possible father? One of them being your ex-fiance that you cheated on with him & Darius?" she questioned with a raised brow, that I furrowed mine.

"You know, you sound VERY judgmental Lex...I told him I was living my life when he came back into it, that was good enough...And y'know what?" I said as I struggled to my feet, her eyes following me. "I'm not about to let you raise my damn blood pressure & go into early labor" I wobbled to the back door & opened it.

"Where are you going?" she asked, now on her feet. I turned to face her & rolled my eyes as I folded my arms, putting my weight on one hip.

"The fuck to sleep, but you can get the fuck on...Respectfully" I said as I watched her walk towards me.

"Damn, it's like that?" she looked me up and down, sucking her teeth & shaking her head.

"Straight like that. Ion need this bad energy so close to my due date...And don't be loud either cause you feel a way & wake my folks up" I called out behind her, walking with her to the front door.

"Look my delivery was wrong, and for that my bad...All I'm saying is-" she said before being rudely cut off by me.

"Girl, Tupac cares" I said using an old saying we used to say to each other & others when we didn't give a damn what the fuck they were talking about. Since the lyric goes "Tupac cares, if don't nobody else care."

"Wow, ok..." she replied while nodding her head, acting as if she was offended when she came for me first. "Good night, Niecy" she continued as she stepped outside of the door. I didn't respond & just rolled my eyes as the door slammed in her face.

I was cussing under my breath as I made my way to the stairs to go to my room, when I was startled by my mother coming down them & my stepfather right behind her with a bat.