Ch.2: Two Can Play That Game

After Dre & I finished another round of "love making", him thinking that was fixing problems between us. Yeah, my weak ass gave in & gave it up again. He went to take a shower and invited me to join him, but I declined. Knowing him he was just trying to further "show" me he was "faithful" & that I was the only one he was with. It was too late though, my mind was already made up. I knew there was more to him & Dawn.

He finally emerged out of the bathroom about 20 minutes later & I went right in. As I showered I heard his phone ring over the water. I heard him say "hello" and the bedroom's door closing. As much as I wanted to charge out of the bathroom behind him & get all ghetto, yelling, screaming & cursing him & that bitch out. I let it go. I wasn't about to look like a weak bitch. Trust me when I say, I've already done enough of that in my lifetime.

Later, work seemed to be dragging the hell on. I'd get into a groove, flying through calls & only ten minutes or so would've passed. It always sucks to work at a call center, dealing with rude ass people on the phone when you have problems at home clouding your brain. It took everything in me not to go off on several callers.

It just seemed like I fell into a different dimension, where the time was on a snails pace. I had a lunch date with Dre later on, his idea. He suggested it right before I left the house this morning. I agreed on it, but I really didn't want to do it. I also had some wedding shit to look into before I met up with him.

Being surrounded by women looking for & trying on different beautiful dresses for their wedding & just them being in great moods in general, pissed me off all over again. I remember marking this appointment down on my calendar a few months ago & being happy as hell about it, rushing time to make it to this point. Now it's finally here and I'm not even in the same happy headspace I once was.

I don't even have anyone here to give me feedback on my dress. I told the lady at the front counter to reschedule my appointment & that I'd be back later for my fitting. Instead of wasting more time there, I ran down to the bakery, to see about my cake.

When I finally made it to the restaurant I seen Dre sitting at "our" special table. Texting away on his cellphone as usual. He really rolled the whole ass kissing carpet out this time. This was the same restaurant we had our first date at. Our first kiss, where he proposed, it all happened at the very table he was sitting at. He put his phone in his pocket quickly once he seen me walking over to the table.

"Hey, baby" he said as he kissed my lips, helping me into my chair & scooting it in for me. As he took his seat, smiling all big & bright. I rolled my eyes with my head slightly turned the other way. The waiter sat our plates down in front of us, as I continued to look upside his head. He obviously ordered our food before I got here.

"So who were you texting before I got here" I asked with food in my mouth. I finished it up & swallowed, cleaning my face with a napkin. "I mean, because you put your phone away hella quick once you seen me" I continued.

I seen his mood change instantly. That wasn't what he wanted to hear, apparently. He rolled his eyes & wiped his mouth before slightly slamming his napkin onto the table next to his plate.

"Wedding shit, babe" he said, irritated.

"Oooh, so you do still wanna marry me?" I questioned with a laugh. His phone began to vibrate & he ended the call, picking his fork up & eating some of his food. "It's our wedding & yet you're being secretive about shit having to do with it...Cause that's not odd at all" I added with sarcasm laced in every word. He didn't answer me & just kept eating. His phone vibrated again.

"I thought we moved passed this shit last night, Niecy?" he said as he took another fork full. "I thought after making you buss a few times, that whole conversation was over & done with" his phone begin to vibrate yet again, like he was getting another phone call but like he did earlier, he ended it.