{29}

Billies POV:

I woke up in the little chair I fell asleep in, my hand still in aliyahs. Scarlet was out like a light on my chest. I rubbed aliyahs arm to wake her up.

"Baby?" I shook her a little. No response. I looked over at her monitor and saw her hear rate had dropped dramatically. I turned to the nurse button and slammed it a couple times.

In just seconds a nurse came rushing in. "Shes- her heart rate" I said not being able to get my words out. Aliyahs eyes slightly opened as they put an oxygen mask on her.

"Billie" she croaked out.

"Yes my love" I said wiping my tears.

"I love you and scarlet. I've spent a lifetime giving you my heart, I swear that I'll be yours forever til forever falls apart"

Her eyes shut again. "Out" the nurse said, ordering me to leave. I sobbed into my hands as I picked up a sleepy Scarlet and brought her outside.

I called finneas to let him know what's happening. I need to talk to someone.

"Finneas?" I sniffled, choking on my tears.

"Billie whats wrong?!"

"Aliyah" I cried harder.

"Me and Claudia are on our way"

___

It had been almost an hour and the doctors still didn't let me in. Finneas and Claudia were here though. Claudia has been amazing and took scarlet out for icecream. I don't want her to see her mommy this way.

The door finally opened and the nurses all looked at me, hurt in their eyes. "Is she okay?!" I rushed up and got inside.

"Why isn't her monitor attached anymore?" I furrowed my brows. "Im so sorry miss o'connell. We couldn't save her" the nurse said with watery eyes.

I felt my heartbeat in my ears. I felt sick to my stomach. "Youre joking?" I said in denial. She shook her head no and stepped out of the room.

"Aliyah? Aliyah wake up!" I cried holding her hand. "Aliyah please wake up! You can do this! I know you can" I cried into her chest.

I leaned over and kissed her lips. "Aliyah its me come on! Wake up! Please" I sobbed holding her hand. Finneas came in and rubbed my shoulders.

"Im so sorry billie" he said quietly. "Youre a fighter aliyah come on! I know you can do this!" I squeezed her hand.

"Come on billie, let's go" finneas said. "No! I need to wake her up" I pushed him away. I dropped to my knees and let my head rest on her stomach. Shes still wearing her pretty dress and wig.

The nurses came in and tried getting me out of the room. "Dont touch me! I need to wake her up" I bawled.

They managed to get me out and a female nurse came out with me too. wrapped my arms around finneas and cried into his stomach.

"Miss o'connell, aliyah had told me that she left something for you in the second drawer of your bedside table" she said. I didn't care. I just want my aliyah.

___

I refused to leave the hospital and leave aliyah there. What if she wasn't dead?

Eventually I got home with scarlet. I got her dressed for bed and fed her a bottle while reading her a story. When she was asleep I left her nursery and got into my room.

I layed down in the empty bed as I started crying again.

Aliyah had told me she left something for you in the second drawer of your bedside table.

The words replayed in my mind. I sat up and went to my bedside table, opening the second drawer. I searched around until I found a little black box that wasn't there before.

I opened it and pulled out a little gold locket.

"When you feel me in your heart, just look up" it read.

I put it on and saw there was a little note in the box too

Dear billie,

I found out in January that im not going to live that long. I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want you to worry. I got this locket to remind you that even though I'm not with you now, I will be watching over you and Scarlet. Don't be sad when I die. Having cancer is painful and uncomfortable. I'm happy in heaven. I love you more than words will ever describe billie. Move on when you're ready, I won't be sad. All I want is for you and our daughter to be happy.

All my love, aliyah♡