06: Feels so wrong but feels so right

3rd Peron's POV

You were standing in front of the mirror for 30 minutes straight, keeps rotating your body in the mirror, checking every angle of the outfit you pick, "Something feels off, but I don't think it's a bad option, after all...he just wants to hang out", you said to yourself.

But you know deep inside yourself that you also don't want to wear that because it looks plain and dull, "Why am I making a big deal out of this, as if this is a date," You yanked your hair in frustration before going back to search inside your cabinet.

You pulled out a couple of things but remained indecisive.

"You're going on a date with that?" I flinched at the unexpected voice coming from the door to see Chifuyu leaning with his arms crossed, "What's so bad about this, and what?— pfft, date? NO", you said, trying to deny that you think this is a date too.

Chifuyu approached you and drew the hair tie off your hair harshly, "Hey! why'd you do that for?", You said looking behind you and see him with a sassy look, throwing the hair tie far from across the room.

"You tied your hair so bad. Just go out with your hair down." You arranged your hair in the mirror, seeing Chifuyu's reflection at the mirror. He was looking at you with his finger on his chin, "What are you thinking about now?" you asked, annoyed, "Hm...You can't wear that kind of outfit on a date, sis. What the hell?" 'what does he know anyway, Istg, this dude' you thought to yourself.

"How many times should I tell you that this isn't a date?"

"With that face?!" Chifuyu said, pointing at you. "Look at that face of panic. I know what that means. We have romantic parents, after all. Did you know mom makes the same face as you did right now, back then?", You sat on the bed waiting for him to continue speaking, "Dad likes to take mom on dates and leave me with Auntie Misora. You were prolly at school at that time. That was a Lil depressing, leaving me just like that, lol."

"I watch her prepare before dad picks her up, and she always looks like that, the face you're making," Chifuyu said, standing from leaning into the study desk before making his way out of the room, "Hey, where are you going?", you asked because Chifuyu left just like that. He came back barging in the room with a dress in his hands, "Where'd you get that?" He chuckled before giving me the clothing, "Mom's closet," You raised it up to look onto the whole image, "How come I've never seen her wear this?" You asked.

"No need to ask that—" you knew Chifuyu. You know when he lies and when he's not. "is it hard to spill?", Chifuyu stopped what he was doing with the dress before responding, "Go wear it first," you nodded, and he stepped outside of the bedroom.

You signaled him to go inside. He beamed when he saw you in it, "Just as I thought, it looks good on you, even though you look like a— nevermind," You looked at him pestered, "The heck were you supposed to say, dickhead?" he laughed and approached you aligning the collar of the dress, and organizing the dress's puff shoulder. He buttoned up the remaining buttons. "There, look in the mirror," You looked in the mirror. Seeing how the dress embraces your tiny waist with the belt made of fabric made you feel pleased. The dress is simple but has an expressly pleasant color, a dark navy cottoned texture.

"This is stunning....how come mom never wore this?" Chifuyu sat on the bed with a blank look on his face. "Dad was supposed to take mom on a date for their anniversary. So he gave her that dress to wear on their date. But dad never made it out... ", Chifuyu gazed at you, "Considering it's still alive and looking soft, mom took care of it." You caressed the fabric with your fingers, trying not to shed a tear or two. "That's very sweet and tragic," I complimented.