13: The end of the new beginning

3rd person's POV

Baji successfully arrived in Kyoto again in no time, parking his bike at the hospital's parking lot before running inside the building. His heart started to race again, seeing multiple nurses coming in and out of your room. Baji rushed to know what's going on, to see Hikari squealing in joy.

His eye shifted to the person he'd been waiting for a very long time to wake up. You looked at Baji through the wide-opened door, standing like he had seen a ghost.

Baji felt butterflies all over when his eyes met with yours for the first time in a very long time. Even though you look emotionless and confused in your surrounding, Baji was happy.

The lad excitedly entered the room to approach Hikari and shook her shoulder with his strong hands due to happiness, "Ow ow ow, slow down. I know we're all happy here," Hikari said, trying to cope up with speed. Baji realized what he was doing and let go of Hikari, "Sorry, I uhm. I'm just really thrilled."

Hikari and Baji looked at each other for a second before rejoicing again like little kids. You looked at them, trying to think what's happening and how long has it been. The noise of the surrounding is irritating you, and the doctor sensed it. The man tried to calm you down, catching Hikari and Baji's attention.

"What's happening? Is my daughter okay?"

"Mrs. Matsuno, I'd respectfully required you to stay quiet until she recovers. Mostly comatose patients who reached stage 3 tries to remember what happened before the long sleep. And it is not easy for them to remember. They may also lash out, be angry all of a sudden, or even flinch at a sudden touch because of the shock. But she'll eventually be okay. Tolerance is what comes first in this kind of situation," said the nurse, explaining it thoroughly to the two.

"Yeah, yeah. Understood," Hikari informed.

"But can we like... try to talk to her?" Baji added.

"Yes, you can. Just don't pressure the patient for a response," Baji nodded again, still excited. The doctor and the other nurses left after checking the patient's stability.

Hikari walked next to you, followed by Baji, who's sneaking behind her like a little boy. You looked at them confused, 'what the fuck're they doing? I just woke up, damn it.' You shifted your view to something else, making their shoulders drop.

"I'll go get something to eat. You stay here, alright?" said Hikari, grabbing her things. "Yeah, okay."

Baji then felt nervous because he felt like he's meeting you for the first time. The lad didn't know what to do, what posture to make, what words to utter. Afraid that you might ignore him or punch him out of nowhere. But the excitement to hear your voice again overlaps his anxiety.

He sat on the chair, placing his hands on his lap, then at his side, then scratch his head, then laid it again on the bed. You felt disturbed by the movements you're feeling. You gazed back at him, who's trying to figure out where to put his hand or how to sit down.

Baji felt eyes piercing on his head. He looks up to see you glaring at him, making him flinch, and his eyes blink multiple times, "uh... sorry to disturb you. You can continue looking at the uh..." Baji paused, looking at where you were looking just a minute ago, "basket, yeah... you can look at the basket again."

You ignored him and looked back at the basket. Baji did the same, thinking, what's so interesting about a basket full of fucking fruits. He then looked back at you before realizing something, "Oh, perhaps you want some apples? Better eat one before Draken comes and visit. He ate half of the basket's fruits."