18: Bloody Halloween

'THE NIGHT BEFORE THE BATTLE, OCTOBER 30, 2004. 8 PM

3'rd person's POV

All the Tokyo Manji gang members' currently gathered in their usual spot, including all the captains. Draken, second in command, stepped in before speaking, "THE BATTLE MEETING FOR OUR FIGHT AGAINST VAHALLA... WILL NOW BEGIN!! So stand the hell up and listen!"

Everyone immediately stood up straight when they heard the order. "I'm glad to see you all here tonight," said Mikey. "Tomorrow, we're going head to head with Valhalla."

"They picked this fight with us, so there's nothing for us to gain!... also... Baji sided with our enemy! We don't go easy on traitors, isn't that what we discussed as Toman's Policy?!" The members shouted 'yes' in response to their commander.

Takemitchy quietly listened while Chifuyu sighed in failure, "There's no stopping this now... Takemitchy." The lad hummed in response to his friend.

Mikey became silent the whole time after, then he started to speak again, making his members give him a questionable look, "Can I... just be a kid?" Everyone was silent, trying to recollect what their commander just said.

Mikey dropped himself to the ground, sitting in front of everyone, even making all of the people around him confused, including Draken and the other captains. He lets out a sigh that means relief before speaking, "I don't wanna fight Baji," Mikey's smiling face shocked everyone the most since they are used to seeing their commander with an angry expression, serious, or a sulking one.

Takemitchy's mouth couldn't hold the surprise, making his mouth wide open. Takemitchy and Mitsuya grinned to themselves, hearing Mikey's voice. 'He really has a soft spot for his friends... Mikey, you're going great,' Draken thought to himself.

Their commander rose from his seat, "SO HERE'S MY SOLUTION, LEND ME YOUR STRENGTH, EVERYONE!!"

"TOMORROW, WE'RE GONNA CRUSH VALHALLA AND TAKE BAJI BACK! BECAUSE THAT'S HOW WE FIGHT OUR BATTLES!!"

Takemitchy can't help but smile because he knows everything will be alright if Mikey is on their side, and then maybe Baji-kun wouldn't have to die, Mikey-kun won't be sad, and Baji-kun can live his future with the woman he loves... 'Mikey-kun...'

The shrine went filled with cheering noises. On the other hand, it brought satisfaction to Kisaki, "This is it... this is what I wanted..."

Mikey felt Draken standing next to him, "Sorry, Kenchin. Did I fail as a leader?" Draken can't help but felt proud, "I think all these cheering answers that," just his answer made his friend feel light with all the heavy pressure.

'SHIBUYA, TOKYO. HOURS BEFORE THE BATTLE, OCTOBER 31, 2004, 9:00 AM

3rd person's POV

Baji straddled his back driving to the nearest cake store and arriving there in 5 minutes. The lady welcomed him with a smile which he ignored and headed towards the counter. "Hello, uhm, I'll have a cake..."

"Cake? Can you be more specific, sir?"

Baji looked at the display seeing beautiful designs, and one caught his eyes, a cake in your favorite color. "I'll have that one... the Uh, letter... B."

"Alright, what text would you like to add?"

"Can I write it myself? Like, I mean, can I do it myself? I know it's impossible but, it's for someone I really like...."