14: Sowing the seeds of misfortune

Warning: SPOILER (Valhalla Arc)

October 21, 2004, Abandoned building, Yoyogi Kaikan, Tokyo.

3'rd person's POV

"Great job on looking for me. You really shouldn't have wasted your time. I made an appointment to see you tomorrow since your location is easily located, but I guess it'll be canceled since you're here."

"Should I praise you for that... Kazutora?"

Kazutora tilted his head sideways, chuckling at the scene in front of him. The person who abandoned him in that hell hole suddenly appearing is too suspicious and insensitive. "Huh, still sarcastic as ever. Sit down, because we have a lot to talk about... Baji."

Matsuno Residence, October 21, 2004, 6:26 pm

You passed the first term exam. It's been months since what happened on the school rooftop. After that, no one dared to open up the topic of what really is going on between y'all. You and Baji acted as if nothing happened that it was all left behind in Kyoto.

Baji started being distant, not that you don't see each other frequently anymore because he dropped out, but he's always on his bike, exploring Shibuya. And you do not know for what reason.'

He's seldomly sweet, and then he's suddenly putting this imaginary boundary in between. You felt like he's gradually shutting you out, but he's just hesitating. And you can sense it. You couldn't count how many times you refrained from asking Baji what his problem is.

A lot of things happened in just a couple of months. You heard Toman had a clash with a gang called Moebius. Draken got stabbed but eventually is already healing. You knew because Chifuyu was part of it, and he came home clean anyways because Baji was with him. You kept it a secret to your mother that Chifuyu's still in Toman. They are Chifuyu's friends, so it's Chifuyu's decision if he wants to cut ties with them or not. All you want is for him to be careful and come home in one piece.

You, yourself, then cut ties with the Tokyo Manji Gang after sending them your thank you for everything. But it's not that they can't talk to you anymore, they can still ask you for help, but it would be better to have some distance. You also handed the omamori to Mikey, wishing for their safety. He was beaming in happiness and bid you farewell. Draken's still sassy but, he's not bad.

On the other hand, you had been looking for available colleges for early application. Chifuyu flopped himself to the sofa next to where you're sitting, making you bounce, almost getting the laptop to fall off your lap. "Hey, watch it," you said, still focusing on your work.

Chifuyu sat properly, leaning his head on your shoulder to see what you're up to, "Whatcha' doin'?"

"Applying me to some schools," You said while scrolling.

Chifuyu looked at you, "Are you taking Law as planned, neesan?"

"Yeah, how about you? What would you wanna be?" You asked.

"Well, I wanna be a pilot. Remember when we went flying for the first time? I was so shaken up and grew interested. I even chatted with the pilot when we landed," Chifuyu said, laughing with the last sentence together with you.

Chifuyu stayed quiet then after that, before talking again, "Baji-san... Baji-san said he wanted to own a pet shop because it was the easiest. HAHAHA, and that he likes cats. He said he came up with that when he saw me picked up Inu." You smiled at the thought of Baji owning a pet shop, 'He's adorable...'