Photographs

Capri spoke with the old man who had taken up twenty minutes of her time to explain his life story while she fixed a broken pocket watch he had brought in.

She continued to listen, hearing the doorbell chime as someone walked into the store.

"Estaré con usted en un segundo". She spoke without removing her gaze from her task.

(I'll be with you in a second)

A sigh of relief escaped her lips as she looked down at the finished job, the pocket watch flourishing as if it was brand new.

"Ahí tienes Señor Constan-

Capri's eyes slowly widened in disbelief as she stared at the man behind her client.

Mateo gave her a scrunched up smile as he lifted his hand and wiggled his fingers in a wave.

A week had passed since his conversation with his father and even though he still had the Mexican cartel situation to worry about, he wasn't going to forget what was really keeping him up at night.

"Gracias Capri, vos siempre haces un buen trabajo". (Thank you Capri, you always do a good job)

The old man lifted his pocket watch, giving her a small smile before walking out slowly.

Mateo and Capri silently waited for the man to step out, something that was taking excruciatingly too long.

The small steps of the man could be heard, his cane tapping along with his feet until he finally reached the door, turning around to close it firmly as he gave Capri a small wave before finally letting the door smack shut.

"What the fuck are you doing here"? She whisper shouted, glaring at the man she could only see in her dreams until now.

Mateo stalked towards her slowly as he eyed the small shop.

"This is a nice little business, I never thought it would grow into this when you opened it three years ago, I'm happy to have been proven wrong".

Capri narrowed her eyes at him, realizing the meaning behind his words.

"Have you been keeping tabs on me this whole time"? She gasped, taking a few steps away from the counter as he now stood closer.

"Did I not tell you, you would never escape me"?

Mateo stood there with his head cocked to the side as if she had asked the most foolish question on the planet.

"You have some fucking nerve, get out of my store"!

Capri moved frantically, crouching as her hand reached for the weapon she hid under the counter, she had been unfortunately too close to experiencing a burglary.

Now thinking back to it, that same criminal who barged into her shop had been found dead two days later, she had a feeling Mateo had played a role.

Capri froze when she heard the sound of a glock, halting in place before looking up to see Mateo pointing a gun at her.

"Looking for this"?

He had sent one of his men to break into her store the night before to retrieve her weapon, he knew her all too well.

Capri was now seething at her ex-lover, a man who knew all her weaknesses and knew how to use them against her.

They stared each other down, the gun never faltering as he stepped closer.

Mateo took out a large envelope from the inside of his suit, throwing it on the counter as he nodded her way.

"Open it".

"I don't have to do anything you tell me to do".

"Open the fucking envelope"!

She jumped at the tone of his voice, slowly complying with a deep scowl etched on her face.

Capri retrieved images from the yellow envelope, her eyes furrowing in confusion until her eyes fully settled.

Capri started looking through each of the photographs, her jaw almost reaching the floor as she ran through them all.

She was in all kinds of divergent positions, her face contoured in pleasure in each photograph, including Sebastian's round ass on display as he was pictured railing into her.

"You fucking pig, you've been spying on me"!

Capri looked up at Mateo who had now lowered the gun.

She threw the stack of photographs at him, a few flying in the air as they swayed their way to the ground.

"I fucking told you Capri, you're mine and whatever you thought you could have with that guy, isn't it, end it now".

"You're a married man you son of a bitch, you come in here after five fucking years and try tell me I can't fuck who I want"? She screamed, grabbing the nearest thing that happened to be a large book which she chucked his way without a second thought.

Mateo ducked in time, eyes widened at her bold actions.

Before she could act again, he charged.

Jumping over the counter to now stand before her as he harshly grabbed her jaw, shoving the gun into her cheek.

His eyes were crazy, as if ready for war.

Fear crept through Capri, now unaware of his next measures.

"I've stayed away for long enough Caro mío, our time has come".

Capri closed her eyes as the term of endearment whistled through her ears, remembering how long it had been since she had last heard it.

"I've dealt with Marcella's father who's now in a coma I'll make sure he doesn't wake up from". He whispered, leaning into her as he nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck, taking in her scent before tracing his lips up to her jaw to then leave a lingering kiss on her lips.

Capri hadn't moved a muscle, she watched him retract himself, adjusting his clean tailored suit before giving her a knowing look with the gun pointing directly between her eyes.

"I don't want to see you with that blonde bitch again".

He once again leaned in, giving her a quick peck before smiling at her.

"I'll see you soon Caro mío".

Mateo placed her gun on the counter, running a hand through his silky hair before walking out.

Capri instantly fell to the floor as her legs gave out.