Gone

Axel had dialed Capri's number more times than he could count.

Four days had passed and she was nowhere to be seen.

It was time to call the police.

The phone rang, the dispatcher's voice resonating through just as a knock seeped through the front door.

His gaze snapped forward, quickly putting the phone down as he rushed towards the door, hopefully it was Capri.

His eyes widened at the large man before him.

"Ey, Axel, long time no see"?

Tony pushed him out of the way, entering with hands in his pockets as he casually skimmed the interior of the apartment.

"Nice place, lucky for you, you'll have it all to yourself now".

Axel's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, not understanding the words escaping the giant's mouth.

"Capri isn't in Spain anymore, much less the continent".

"What, where is she"?

"Safe, that's all that matters".

Tony turned to leave, aiming for the exit before Axel stepped in front.

"And I'm just suppose to believe the words that come out of your mouth"?

He stared up at the big man, trying his best to not coward but finding himself taking a step back as Tony, without trying, simmered an intimidating aura.

"She's safe and not alone, you know who I work for, that's all I can say, you're smart, just put two and two together and shut the fuck up".

Tony walked past him, exiting the apartment with a slam to the front door.

Axel had his hands on his hips, confusion written all over his face before his eyes widened.

"Holy fuck".

*

"How have you been holding up"?

"Wonderfully".

Marcella lifted her glass of champagne, a sarcastic smile appearing on her face.

It was eleven o'clock in the morning and an alcoholic beverage so early in the day had become a daily routine for her.

Sebastian stared, his lips forming into a thin line as he only felt pity for the woman before him.

Of course he had gone through his own stage of grief, still not at the end of it as he had visited her shop throughout the days and he couldn't help but be bothered by the fact that it had now been closed for a week.

They sat in the patio, Marcella on a lounge chair with a large white sun hat that created contrast with her small black bikini.

Sebastian sat beside her in his own seat, he had been visiting her at least once a week to be able to comfort her in her time of need.

Unfortunately, she was still downing herself in alcohol.

"You know who I haven't heard of, that bitch Capri". Marcella pointed out, her eyes narrowing as she looked over at Sebastian with a questioning look.