Café con leche

It was God's day and Capri had decided to stay in.

She didn't work on Sundays and she didn't have much else to do but wallow in pity and repeat the previous events over and over again in her mind.

Capri found herself in the kitchen as she lazily made some breakfast, her hair in a shambles, following along with her hygiene as she hadn't showered in two days.

She turned on the faucet to drink some water, dipping her head underneath instead of getting herself a cup.

What a gun to your face from your ex-lover can do to you.

As Capri busied herself, the sound of the doorbell to her apartment reached her ears, evoking a loud groan from within her.

She hoped it wasn't Mateo, though knowing him he probably had a key to her apartment and would've opted for using it instead of ringing her doorbell.

Capri opened her door without much thought, rubbing her eyes before zeroing in on the figure before her.

"Mi amor".

(My love)

Capri's eyes widened as she stared at Sebastian, he looked more dashing than before.

She slammed the door shut as she noticed that he had arrived as a prince while she looked like a frog.

"Give me a second"!

In a slew of minutes, Capri cleaned herself up.

She brushed her hair and teeth, used deodorant and sprayed on some perfume.

She would take a shower later on in the day.

Capri opened the door quickly, a bit out of breath as she grinned at Sebastian who gave her a perplexed expression.

"Come in". She said, signaling the inside of her place.

Sebastian chuckled before stepping in, handing Capri a small enclosed cup as he gave her a quick peck on the lips, something that caught her off guard.

"Café con leche"?

(Coffee with milk)

"Gracias". She smiled.

"I've been calling you and you haven't answered, was our night of passion not as passionate as I thought"? He asked, making his way towards the kitchen as he looked through her fridge.

"Let me cook you something".

Capri could just melt at his actions, this was what she wanted and Mateo wanted to take it away from her.

"Oh uh, I'm sorry Sebastian, things actually got a bit complicated since that night". She mumbled as she took a sip of her coffee.

"Hmmm".

Capri sat on one of stools as she looked at him.

He was wearing a tight blue t-shirt with light blue jeans and a pair of white sneakers, he didn't even have to try and he still looked handsome.

"Does this mean you won't be able to come with me to Italy"?

Capri's ears perked up at his invitation, she hadn't planned to go back to Italy since her departure, maybe never again.

"I have a business meeting I need to attend, I work in my father's company and a few shareholders and I will meet up with...".