Siblings

Carlo was grinning like the Cheshire Cat as he sat on the edge of the bed watching the news.

"Il signor Mateo Russo, un uomo d'affari e membro della famigerata famiglia Russo noto per la sua filantropia e varie donazioni a enti di beneficenza nel paese, è morto ieri mattina" (Mr. Mateo Russo, a business man and member of the infamous Russo family, known for his philanthropy and various donations to charities in the country, died yesterday morning)

He rolled his eyes at the rest of the journalist's lies, only glad to hear that the fucker was dead and he was next in line as Don.

Carlo's gaze snapped towards the entrance of the bedroom door, his father stood there at full height, staring down at his youngest son as they both knew what this meant.

"You got what you wanted, Don".

Carlo stood slowly, his legs a bit weak from the gunshots, but on their way to full recovery.

"Do they all know it was by my hand"?

Franco nodded, his eyes turning away from his son as he shamelessly responded. "They do".

Carlo grinned once again. "I knew it would work perfectly, I'll do a better a job than Mateo ever did".

His father nodded slowly once again, clearing his throat before speaking.

"There will be a meeting this Friday, I suggest you prepare a grand speech". He added in, giving Carlo a quick nod before stepping out.

*

Capri parked in front of the manor that belonged to Marcella and Mateo.

She sighed heavily to herself as she stepped out of her vehicle and made her way towards the entrance.

She didn't know how Marcella would react, probably kick her out but she at least had to try.

The gates opened as the guards recognized her, giving her a sad nod as she walked by them towards the front doors.

"Miss. De león".

"Hey, is Marcella home"?

"She's in the patio having lunch with her brother". The guard signaled.

Capri nodded before walking past them, making her way around the manor as she noticed from afar two figures sitting at small table having lunch.

Capri never knew Marcella had a brother, she was glad she had someone to comfort her.

His back faced her, covering Marcella from her view until she neared, Marcella noticed her first, her eyes widening as Capri finally stood in front of the two.

"I'm sure I'm the last person you'd like to see but I thought it wouldn't be the worst idea to visit you". Capri gave her a small smile, her eyes softening before they turned to her right, a familiar figure coming to view as her eyes broadened in shock and confusion.

"Sebastian"?

He stood up rapidly, kicking the table at the same time which caused the cups of glasses to fall and break.

"Ca- Capri, hey baby"!

Sebastian took a step towards her, Capri took a step back.

"Brother"?

Her facial expression turned into a repulsive one.

"Her brother"? She signaled.

"Capri please calm down". Marcella finally spoke, her voice sounding calm and genuine towards her for the first time ever.

"What is this"? She asked confused, not understanding the scenery before her.

Sebastian's palms were sweating excessively, he aggressively wiped them on his khakis and baby blue collared shirt as he once again tried to reach for her.

She smacked his hand away before turning her gaze towards Marcella.

"I came to see you cause I knew you were hurting just as much as me, I thought you were alone in all of this but I can see my boyfriend, your brother, has been doing his job as a sibling". She spit, her voice laced with venom.

"Oh hush Capri, you were cheating on him with my husband, you're no better". Marcella said as she rolled her eyes at Capri's dramatic tone.

Her gaze snapped her way. "Fuck yo-

"She's right, you lied to my face constantly and I only ever tried to love you while you kept sneaking off with that dead fucker".

"Watch your fucking mouth Sebastian". Marcella cut in, not allowing her husband's name to be disrespected.

He was right, Capri had strung him along hoping to feel something that was unfortunately only reserved for a man that was now gone.

She turned and ran away from both.

*

Axel jumped at the slamming of the door.

Fruit loops and milk spilling from his bowl as he watched Capri run in with tears and a red face.

It was dinner time but he had no desire to cook so he opted for a good bowl of cereal.

"What happe-

"Sebastian is Marcella's brother"! She cried loudly, more sobs escaping her lips as she angrily threw her purse on the floor.

Axel stiffened at her words, he had known but kept it as a secret as Capri was still dealing with Mateo's death.

"I shouldn't even be angry, I'm just as much as a liar as he is, maybe even worse cause I cheated and he didn't but I can't help but feel awful"!

Her arms reached for him, Axel quickly understanding as he placed his bowl down to embrace his best friend.

His heart dropped to his stomach, Sebastian was a cheater, he cheated with him.

"I need a break Axel, I'm gonna close the shop for a bit while I resort my feelings, I can't do anything like this". She whispered, her voice now softening.

"As you should, you're going through so much".

The only other man, apart from Mateo,
who knew her just as well was Axel, he understood her too much, she trusted him with her life.

"You should lay down, let me make you some tea".

Capri nodded meekly as she let go of Axel to take tired steps towards her bedroom, her sniffles resounded around the apartment before her bedroom door opened and slammed shut.

Axel let out a nervous sigh he hadn't known he was holding in, shoving his face into his hands as he felt things slowly start to spiral out control.

His friendship with Capri was too important to him, he couldn't let anything ruin it.