Problem

Mateo stood before a hysterical Marcella.

Her mascara was running down her face and strands of her blonde hair stuck to her mouth as she sobbed.

They were in the privacy of their bedroom, Mateo sat on the edge of the bed in only his boxers after taking a much needed shower, he was all sweaty and sticky from fucking Capri the whole morning at the shop.

He was being honest when he told Capri he was ready to leave Marcella but now he felt terrible due to her state.

"You fucking pig, I've done nothing but love you and now you want to leave me"!

"You deserve better than me, amore mío".

Marcella slapped him violently.

"Oh shut the fuck up"!

Mateo sighed as he stood up and straightened his posture, doing his best to intimidate the woman as he looked down at her.

Marcella went for another slap.

He grabbed her wrist in time, pulling her into him aggressively as they stared intently at each other.

"I'll give you all the properties and money you need, the divorce is happening".

More tears came out as she did her best to keep a hard stare.

"That isn't what I need, what I need is for you to love me back, I'm not asking for much".

"I cannot control my emotions, I'm sorry".

Mateo let go of her and walked away, making his way into their walk-in closet to get dressed.

"I'm going to kill that bitch, if I can't have you she can't either"!

Mateo halted in place.

"Marcella".

"You'll have no woman to leave me for if she's out of the picture"!

Mateo turned around swiftly and charged towards her, wrapping his hand around her throat as his eyes bulged out of their sockets to stare her down.

Fear creeped through her chest.

"You harm a hair on her head and you'll regret the day we married". He warned, speaking in between his teeth as he watched her pale skin turn into a light pink tone.

Marcella coughed loudly as he finally let her go, watching her drop like a sack of potatoes before retrieving to the closet to get dressed.

*

"So he's going to divorce his wife to be with you"?

Capri stayed silent at Axel's question.

She didn't know what to think, there was something there, she had strong feelings for Mateo but she wasn't sure if it was enough to be together in the end of this whole disaster, because that's what it was, a disaster.

"I have Sebastian to think about". She said softly, eating away at her rice and beans as she sat in the shop with Axel.

"Sebastian is barely here anyways, he's always on some dumb business trip". He waved off, stuffing his face as he spoke in between bites.

"Which are important, it's not a reason to end a relationship".

"But Mateo is"?

Capri glared at her best friend as he laughed with his mouth full.

"I don't want to be the other woman". She whispered solemnly.

"Hate to break it to you but you already are".

His words sunk in, she felt even worse.

*

Mateo walked into the mansion after being let in.

He had come to visit his father and Carlo.

"Don Mateo, sono entrambi di sopra che giocano a scacchi". (They are both upstairs playing chess)

Mateo nodded, passing by the head maid as he reached the stairs, he hadn't seen his brother since he dropped him off, he had many questions he needed answers to.

He stepped in as soon as his father told him to enter.

Carlo moved the pieces slowly, taking his time to think longer than usual every time he'd make a move, Mateo narrowed his eyes at his maneuvers.

"You seem in better shape Carlo".

He ignored him.

"He's doing better yes". Franco said, speaking for his son.

"I think Carlo can answer for himself, no"?

"Leave him alone, he's been through enough".

"Shut up old man". Mateo barked, now annoyed at Carlo's resistance.

Mateo neared towards both, smacking the back of Carlo's head to get his attention.

"Don't get mute on me now, you were so eager to tell me how you should die when you tried to kill yourself back in Mexico".

Carlo stood up abruptly, staring his brother down as his eyes filled with anger, Mateo chuckled.

They were about the same height, Mateo just about two inches taller, standing at
six feet and four inches tall.

"You ready to talk about what happened or are you gonna stay locked up in here like a bitch"?

Carlo narrowed his eyes at his brother before taking in a deep breath and relaxing.

"I don't have anything to talk about, I was kidnapped, lost everything and tortured for five years, shit happens".

Carlo sat back down to continue his game with his father who didn't blink an eye at Carlo's change of demeanor, meanwhile Mateo was confused at the man before him.

Carlo had always been an emotional idiot, anything got him ticked off and sensitive, always ready to defend his ground and not think straight before speaking, this guy was different.

"How is it going being Don"? He casually asked, waiting for his father to make the next move.

"Just fine".

"Good".

Mateo could see his father side eyeing him as he interacted with Carlo, there was a conversation to be had between Franco and Mateo.

"It's something that could be challenged no"?

Both men snapped their gaze towards Carlo.

"What are you going on about Carlo"? His father asked.

He slowly removed his gaze from the chessboard as he gave his father an innocent smile before turning towards his older brother.

"Your title as Don, it can be challenged"?

"Not unless if you want to Die".

Mateo's playful side had disappeared completely, before Franco and Carlo stood the same man that met Fernando Aguilar the day of their meeting, his demeanor was bitter.

"Calm down brother I don't have any tricks up my sleeve, you can relax".

"I am relaxed, you're not much of a threat anyways".

"We'll see".

Mateo glanced at his father once more, coming to the conclusion that maybe he had saved the life of a problem.