Favorite

Marcella knew her husband like the palm of her hand.

She hadn't spent her time observing his mannerisms to be taken as an idiot to what he does behind the scenes.

She had her secrets too.

Marcella was watching him eat, eyeing every forkful of food he'd bring to his mouth.

"Amore I have to go see my father today so I won't be in for a few hours". 

Marcella stayed quiet, still staring at him before shaking her head to rid of her thoughts.

She gave him a warm smile and nodded.

"That's alright amore, I'll be staying in, maybe invite Lina over".

Mateo only nodded, standing up as he checked the time.

"I'll be going now, I'm taking Carlo with me".

They kissed goodbye, Marcella watching as he went up the stairs to retrieve his brother.

She had a call to make.

Marcella waved goodbye as they made their way out the door, Carlo keeping his head down as he rigidly walked along side Mateo, he was fucked up, Marcella thought.

She shrugged before making her way up the stairs to her bedroom, locking herself in the bathroom as she took out her phone.

It rang. Once, twice, three times.

"You always catch me at a bad time, what do you want"?

"I don't call to ask how your fucking day is going, you know what I want".

"She's good, everything is going good, you can stop worrying".

Marcella sighed.

"I hope so, you fuck, this needs to go according to plan".

Marcella hung up without a second thought, an angry sigh leaving her lips before she stepped back into her bedroom.

*

Mateo, Carlo and Tony made their way to Franco Mateo's office, ignoring the looks of the maids as they looked astonished when their eyes landed on Carlo.

He still hadn't uttered a word since his arrival to Italy.

Mateo knocked harshly, he was angry, all of this happened because of his father.

"Come in"!

They entered without a second thought.

Franco's eyes snapped up as they landed upon all three men, mainly focusing on Carlo who continued to look towards the ground.

His eyes widened as soon as they landed upon his long lost son, trying his best to stand up as quickly as possible before making his way towards him.

"Carlo".

His arms opened, embracing his rigid son who did not respond to the gesture.

Mateo watched the interaction, a small scoff escaping his lips, he was Franco's favorite after all.

"You brought him back to me".

"The ex-husband of our mother had him locked up and tortured for five years because you couldn't keep your dick in pants, you old fuck".

A loud slap resounded, Mateo's jaw ticked at the violent action caused by his father.

In retaliation he pulled out his gun and pointed it at him.

"I should fucking kill you right now, really cut this reunion short".

"Mateo stop". Spoke Tony, trying to diffuse the situation.