Hotel suite

"To Italy"?!

Capri winced at Axel's high pitched voice as shock ran through it when she informed him of her trip.

"And he's meeting up with your ex-lover, ex-guardian and current stalker"!

"I know but I need Mateo to realize that he can't keep thinking he has this hold on me"!

"And falling right into his trap is the way to do it"?

Capri groaned loudly as she fell onto her bed, hating how reasonable Axel was being.

"This will also be good for Sebastian and I, a nice romantic getaway". Capri chimed in, trying to make her point of view sound sufficient, Axel scoffed in return.

"We'll talk about this later, I have a redhead coming over".

She rolled her eyes before hanging up and placing down her phone.

Capri walked over to her suitcase that was already prepared, she eyed it with hands to her hips as she took in a deep breath, jumping when she heard the doorbell ring.

Sebastian was here to pick her up.

She had a bad feeling about this excursion.

*

Night time had come around and Marcella was speaking to someone on the phone in a whisper.

She ended the call as soon as Mateo stepped in, giving him a small smile as he entered their bedroom.

"Who was that on the phone"? He asked casually, kicking off his shoes before reaching for his collared shirt.

"Just Lina".

Marcella walked over to her husband, wrapping her arms around his large frame as she gave him small pecks on his inked back.

"How's your father doing"?

Marcella stayed silent a few seconds before answering.

"Still in a coma, I don't think he'll recover from this Mateo". She said, her voice laced with sadness.

He turned around, taking her face in his hands to plant a small kiss on her forehead before embracing her in a tight hug.

Her father had become too demanding by the second year of their marriage, asking for money and involvement that would get Mateo in a critical situation, where his men would've probably soon start to question his authority as Don.

Mateo did the second best thing and kidnapped the old bastard, torturing him for two days until he gave up the whereabouts of the hidden evidence that could dig Mateo's grave.

Unfortunately the torture had put him in a coma which favored Mateo greatly, the business deal between the two had been sealed by then and Mateo had his shares secured in his company.

And with his marriage he had greater control.

Mateo thought of the woman in his arms, she was fierce, strong, manipulative and sweet.

He loved her, he was sure of it.

He just didn't know if it was enough for him to let Capri go.

*

It was the next morning and the new couple had settled in their hotel suite.