Suspicious

She remembered the day Mateo had told her about her father.

He was a dangerous man who killed people for a living.

She never gave herself the time to process it while living with Mateo but after she had moved out, she had fallen into depression for months.

Her father was not the sweet man she remembered him as, not to the world at least.

He wore a facade every time he read her a bedtime story, he lied about business trips that would last weeks and his sweet smile was considered a sinister one to others.

Mateo was just that but worse.

Anyone who worked in his line of business had to be ruthless, she saw it in the movies.

They couldn't trust anyone around them, paranoid and they had to fulfill their job as a scary mafia boss, she could only imagine the atrocious things he's done in his time.

But Sebastian? Sebastian was sweet.

He was honest and loving and she didn't have to look over her shoulder every time they went out.

She knew though, she knew Mateo had kept her protected after she had left, he did tell her she wasn't safe on her own and that had not magically disappeared because her father had died or because Mateo had gotten married.

The dangerous life was a part of her and she hated her father for letting her be born into this mess of a life.

*

Mateo was on a private flight to Mexico.

He kept playing with the gun in his hand as he inserted and removed the ammo repeatedly, it was driving Tony crazy who kept staring his way.

"Everything is going to go smooth Mateo".

"With my gun on me of course it will".

Tony sealed his lips as he noticed Mateo's hard demeanor, he only ever got like this when he was unsure of a business meeting within his ilegal activities.

But Mateo wasn't just acting hard, he was angry, the Mexican fuck had killed his men and stolen his shit, he wouldn't hesitate to put a bullet between his eyes.

Tony thought back to Franco Mateo, he would have his head if things didn't go as planned.

So far, so good.

*

Capri had spent a week avoiding Sebastian since their arrival in Spain.

She didn't want to but she didn't want to see his face after betraying him the way she did.

She wanted to blame Mateo, say it was all his fault but she could've tried harder, she could've stopped it from happening, instead she enjoyed every single drop of ecstasy he invoked in her, she hated herself.

Capri was cleaning up some of her supplies quietly in the shop, a small radio playing the hits at a low volume.

She continued her task even when the bell chimed, signaling someone's entry.

She Finally looked up when she spotted the black painted fingernails on the counter.

Her eyes widened when she found Axel grinning down at her.