The ocean

Capri laid there quietly.

It was five in the morning, the sun rays on the brink of exposing themselves through the corners of the curtains as her gaze observed him from afar.

A small moan escaped his lips, one not caused by pleasure but instead from pain.

He quickly placed a hand on his pecks, compressing his chest as he took in deep breaths to serene himself before continuing his previous task of placing on his shirt.

"I knew you weren't Superman, not even he could heal that well and that fast".

Mateo stalled at her words, letting a few seconds pass before her voice resounded once again.

"I'm not going back to sleep if that's what you're waiting for".

He lowly cursed, turning away from her as he picked up his pants from the floor.

"It's very early, you should go back to sleep".

"Let me help you instead".

"No"!

Capri stayed put as his voice boomed through the room.

His hostility startled her and she now found herself awkwardly focusing on her hands as he finished grabbing the last of his things before leaving the room in a rush.

*

Another unnecessary drawback between the pair had generated.

She was tired of him factoring quandaries after forcing her against her will on an island she couldn't even locate on the map.

Capri had opened her heart to Mateo, expecting a full exchange of power from within him.

She was beginning to feel deflated.

Capri walked out into the patio, her flip flops slapping the ground with each step.

She stopped behind the lounge chair he was sitting on, a drink in his hand as he laid there peacefully.

His arms were outlined from the sides of the seat, focusing on his hand that lifted as he casually sipped his whisky.

"Are you done being an asshole"?

Silence pulsated around them.

Letting out a huff of annoyance, Capri rounded him, standing in front with crossed arms as she waited for his eyes to connect with her figure.

Mateo ignored her presence all together.

"I told you I loved you, can you let your guard down for a second"?

He finally looked up, his black shades hiding his eyes from her.

"Have I not told you I loved you? Actually, I'm sure I said it first".

"If that's the case then let me take care of you".

Capri tried reaching for him, her hands being close to touching his wounded chest.

Unfortunately, Mateo grabbed her wrists harshly, evoking a groan of pain from Capri as she winced.

She melted into his hold at the agony he was provoking.

"Let me go you asshole"!

An attempt was made at pulling her hands free, but to no avail.

He switched to holding her with one hand while his free one yanked off his shades.

His cold eyes met hers.

"You will only touch me when I allow you too, understood"?

Capri was finally let go with a push, stumbling before she violently fell on her ass.