Graveyard

Capri made her way out of her vehicle, walking through the big gates as she was met with the extensive graveyard.

She hadn't visited her father's grave since the day Mateo had told her of his occupation, for some reason she awoke thinking of him.

Maybe because today would've been his forty-first birthday.

Capri slowly made her way around, stopping in front of the gravestone before exhaling a tired sigh.

She kneeled.

"Murderer". She whispered.

"Murderer". This time louder.

"Murderer"! Capri lifted her fists and slammed them on the ground in front of the stone.

Tears streamed down her face before turning into loud sobs as she thought of her father, the only man she had ever trusted.

"Capri".

She stilled, he was the last person she wanted to see right now.

"Mateo go away, I need this time alone".

"Well you called him a murderer three times, I think that's enough".

Capri stood up without a second thought, grabbing a handful of dirt before throwing it at his well tailored suit.

"Leave me the fuck alone"! She screamed, her chest heaving with each sob.

Mateo hadn't moved a muscle.

"You're always there, you're always in the fucking way".

Capri charged towards him, pushing him harshly several times before feeling his arms engulf her in a tight hold she tried to free herself from.

Mateo refused to release her, he knew she needed this.

"I'm not a good man Capri, I know. I'm a cheater, I hurt and hurt but I know that what I feel for you is real, believe me when I tell you that, I love you".

Capri's sobs turned into small cries as she shoved her face into his chest, those three words weren't what she needed, he was only making this harder for her.

"We can't be fully invested into each other Mateo, you wouldn't be able to just be with me only, I know and so do you".

He stayed quiet, it was enough to confirm what Capri had said, she bit back a loud sob.

"You have to let me go, this time for real".

"No".

Capri scoffed, releasing herself from his hold.

"I can be with you, only you, just give me a chance, I love you Capri".

He went to reach for her but she stepped away, shaking her head as she did so.

"I have to go, I need to be alone".

She ran past him, reaching her car before driving off.

Mateo stared down at the gravestone in abandonment.

*

Carlo could walk around the room now on his own.

He already had a daily schedule, the day starting with a game of chess that his father imposed on him as he believed it would help his mind come back to reality.

He was thinking.

He was thinking too much.

He groaned as he pulled at the sides of his hair. Long, curly and light brown.

He had a five o'clock shadow that poured around his face, giving him a rougher look.

Carlo had lost everything from the day he was kidnapped.

His properties, his business, his freedom.

But Carlo had kept his sanity, his sanity was the only thing that kept him strong.

He believed he would be out and now he was.

It was now a game for him, as soon as he put the gun to his head and pleaded to Mateo, making him believe he deserved to die.

He needed to let them think it was true, that he was fucked up and crazy.

Carlo noted the disappointment in his father's eyes every time he moved the chess board pieces in a ridiculous way, his father was just as clueless.

Carlo wouldn't be able to recuperate all he had lost but he was still a Russo and if Mateo was out of the way then Carlo would be the head of the family, he would be Don.

*

Sebastian spoke on the phone with Marcella, annoyed with her loud yelling and crying from the other end.

"He's fucking her Sebastian, I'm telling you"!

He rolled his eyes.

"He must be with another woman because Capri wants me, she wants me Marcy, she knows I can give her what Mateo can't, a normal life".

Marcella only found out about Capri and Mateo's obsession with her about a year ago.

She found stacks and stacks of photographs of her throughout the five years they were separated and throughout the five years of her marriage, he still wanted her.

That's when her plan started, she promised Sebastian she'd get Mateo to invest in his father's company, something she didn't even have to lift a finger for because Mateo's jealousy had made him do it all on his own.

Sebastian only had to make Capri fall in love with him and do whatever else he wanted with her, he just had to keep her away from Mateo.

The plan foiled when Sebastian had appeared, his presence was the only thing that reconnected the two after five years.

"Look Marcella, I fuck her good, I make good money and I'm not a fucking murderer unlike your husband, entiendes"? (Do you understood)

"Don't talk about him like that, he's good in other ways".

"Well he's definitely not a good husband if he's making you feel this insecure where you have to call you brother to yell and cry".

"Shut up, just do what you have to do"!

Marcella hung up the phone leaving him hanging which he only shrugged to in response.

Capri was his, she was his girl.